Slap bang in the middle of Georgetown so lots of great food and sights within easy walking distance.
The room was a bit dated, but it was very clean so appeared well looked after. There were no drinks in the mini-bar (despite a RM100 deposit being taken) and there was no in-room safe which I would have expected from a hotel in this price range. We did get complimentary bottled water and the morning newspaper.
We were both impressed with the staff who were not only very helpful but also seemed genuinely happy in their work, which is not something you always come across in the hotel industry. We got very good info on the buses and the concierge even flagged down a taxi from the street and negotiated the price for our journey to the airport!
Overall we enjoyed our stay and plan to return here on our next Penang trip
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport and 5 minutes to Penang Ferry terminal. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown