The location is great. The lobby looks fine too. But the room is very small and the furniture is dated. Bathroom is tiny and rustic. The swimming pool was disgusting when we stayed there. The water in it was muddy and greenish, not to mention that the size of the pool is tiny. The fitness center smells. We gave up the idea of work out in the hotel.
There are a hawker center and a pub to one side of the hotel and they can be really noisy at night. So make sure to ask for a bed on the quiet side of the hotel, the side that faces the downtown area, not the ocean.
I still gave it a 3 star because of the location and also the bedding. The sheets they use are very clean, dry, and smells fresh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport and 5 minutes to Penang Ferry terminal. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town