Someone I know used to stay here once for one night and she came back with endless complaints, which makes me kind of reluctant of staying here.
However, I had a chance to stay here when I went for a trip to Penang in July 2013 recently, as my aunt is a member of the hotel chain and we would be getting discounted price for the hotel rooms.
1. We have specifically requested for one bedroom with queen size bed and others with two single beds. Although we checked in late, about 10 pm at night, they still accommodate to this request although it was a busy weekend. Thumbs up.
2. The rooms are generally clean with all the essentials which should be provided by hotels of its class.
3. The staff come to help when I reported any issue immediately without delay although it was already late at night.
1. The hotel is very worn down. The shower curtains have stubborn stains and they did not change to nice new ones.
2. As mentioned above, I encountered some problems with the room. We could not switch on the TV when we just checked in.
I would say it is an okay hotel, but unless it is refurbished I would not choose this hotel unless necessary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to discerning business and leisure travellers, the Berjaya Penang Hotel is conveniently located as part of the lively ‘1-Stop Midlands Park’ business and entertainment centre. With enchanting cultures, heritage and tantalizing food all around, the Penang Island also heralds in a golden opportunity to make business a true pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Georgetown City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Hotel Georgetown
- Georgetown City Hotel Penang/George Town