“Lovely Nyonya food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 710 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Business Hours: Tue: 6.00Pm - 9.00Pm (Dinner Only) Wed to Sunday : 12.00Pm to 3.00Pm, 6.00Pm to 9.00Pm. Mon : Off Day. Reservation preferred. Kindly call for reservation . Thank You.
Launceston Tasmania
“Lovely Nyonya food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was our mission this time in Penang to eat as much Nyonya food as possible - and we started off brilliantly with Ivy's! It was a pleasure to be served by someone (? the owner) who was so passionate about the food being served and so genuinely delighted when it was clearly enjoyed. We had our first try of pentai (stink bean) - an experience not to be missed! We also enjoyed Chicken Kapitan, Chilli Prawns and a perennial favourite - Spring Rolls Nyonya style. Yummy! Great place to eat truly delicious Nyonya food:)

Visited February 2013

“Simply delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Food too shiok! Must try when you are in Penang. Owner is very friendly and was recommending us good food areas. Easy parking when you go for dinner.

“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My mother is of Indonesian descent which makes me Indonesian Nyonya. I feel that makes me eligible to say I know my Nyonya food and what we had tonight was just excellent! And for the other "Babas" with me, it only brought back fond memories of what they had tasted at home!

The only way we could fault them was that a few dishes had sold out earlier so we were not able to try them. They made up for this by recommending better replacements!

Congratulations and keep it up! Thank you for the beautiful meal!

Colin

“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Foods great,authentic and reasonably priced. They may need to employ more staffs to cater for the crowd.

• 3 of 5 stars
Thank P.cheah
KL
“Fantastic Nyonya food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had my first nyonya food in this restaurant this month. Initially, I had my doubts but after eating several dishes, the food here is top notch amongst the other Nyonya restaurants that I have tried in Penang.

• Visited February 2013