“It was OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Deluxcious Heritage Hotel Penang

Save Saved
You added Deluxcious Heritage Hotel Penang to your Saves list
Deluxcious Heritage Hotel Penang
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15-17A, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Georgetown, Penang Island 10050 , Malaysia   |
Ranked #29 of 50 hotels in Georgetown
Singapore
“It was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Room was nice but no windows makes me feel like in a box. Aircon gives us a good temperature against the heat outside so i was in my room most of the time.

Breakfast was very minimal in ala carte style.

The lunch buffet was really good. In a good clean atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hillcrest, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was surprised at how nice this hotel was for the price. It's in a beautifully restored building with lovely rooms. Bed was very comfortable and bathroom was huge. Breakfast is very basic but in a pleasant courtyard. I found the service to be friendly and enjoyed my stay here. It's a short walk to the old town. I'd definitely recommend it to others.

Room Tip: For the best cappuccino's in Penang try Kaffa Kafe just outside the entrance of Little India. T...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Room was a bit cramped for the two of us with two luggage. But it was alright. Breakfast was included but it was nothing special. It's good enough if you're not picky about the food. Staff was friendly; they helped us with the directions and gave us recommendations on where to go. Contrary to the previous review, we didn't experience being told to take our shoes off. And we had hot water. Maybe things have changed?

Location is pretty decent. We were able to walk to the Cheong Fatt Tze mansion from the hotel and you can walk up to a street lined up with restaurants and bars.

Transportation from airport: We took a bus from the airport going to Komtar (2.70rm per person). From Komtar we took a taxi (10rm for all, haggled from 12rm) straight to Deluxcious. It was fairly easy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Phuket, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went to Penang on Jan 2013, I chose this hotel from agoda. from the look as I have seen on internet it looks amazing I decided to pay around 400RM. When i walked in there, from the look it disappointed me a lil bit but i can accept it. Picture always looks nicer . after i checked in I was surprised with the policy there that the guest must change the shoe befoer get into the room ( probably the owner doesn't want to pay for cleaning the carpet I reckon) In the room there is nothing special at all (I paid for junior suite) no any facilities , no mini bar, no toothbrush and toothpaste ,no hair dryer and NO HOT WATER!!...etc the next morning i went for breakfast ,there was no buffet ,its ok I understand its a boutique hotel , its a set menu .BUT I swear the god I order some rice with curry and my girlfriend order some roti with curry What they served me was plain rice with half boiled egg and some small dried fish and for my girlfriend they served roti and plain curry with no meat at all . what !!!All the things made me felt so bad about this hotel and I paid like 400RM . for this price I can stay in good 5 star hotel if i dont wanna try boutique hotel. so be careful before you pay a lot of money from the look.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hotel is situated in a beautiful restored mansion only to be tainted with a large neon sign naming the hotel. Rooms are nice and spacey with plenty of daylight coming in. The bed is comfortable. Service is mediocre. There is no elevator to the second floor and no one offers any help with carrying your luggage up. The biggest downturn was breakfast which only consisted of 3 options: nasi lemak, roti or plain toast. All the choices were less than mediocre. Hawker stall offer better food. All the while the hotel's restaurant boasts deluxe buffet options, but only for lunch and dinner at an additional charge.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Quedlinburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been there with a friend for a short trip. Overall, everything was satisfying. The rooms are small and dark. There is just a small window in the bathroom. The bathroom was clean even though one wall was slightly mouldy. If you want to take a shower dont forget to switch on the hearter before otherwise the water might be cold.

The bed was great to sleep in and the all other furnitures were in good condidtion. As we have been out until late night, we did not realize that the rooms were noisy. Only the morning after we realized that you can hear almost everything from the outside.

The breakfast was to forget about. I still expect a nice decent small buffet if I serve a breakfast in a boutique hotel and not only toast and jam. and eggs.

The building is lovely and i am sure that you can do more out of it... I hope the owner will! As long you get a good rate...(we paid S$70) ... you can not be disappointed but dont pay much more...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
austin texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Deluxcious Hotel (how do you pronounce this anyway - no one seemed to understand it) is a tale of two cities - beautiful property very nicely decorated and good location, but couldn't quite deliver on the service. At check-in we were told we had been 'upgraded' to a larger room but it was in the lobby just opposite the front desk, so was noisy and the lights shone through the stained glass which surrounded the door frame. They offered free welcome drink coupons but didn't specify for what, so when we ordered beers we ended up having to pay as they only provide free fruit juice. The breakfast was the biggest disappointment - they had only 2 choices (a Malaysian offering of rice and dried fish or an Indian-ish sambar with bread) or you could have white toast. The creamer for the coffee was powdered, and the orange juice was so watered down. They bill themselves as luxury but the breakfast was far from it. We didn't eat in the restaurant but the photos of the buffet lunch and dinner looked really extensive. The spa was nice, although seemed a bit pricey (we had just come from Bali so maybe our price expectations were a bit off as they are so low there). Front desk staff were very nice and helpful. We loved George Town so that elevated the whole experience, plus we got a great rate on Hotels.com so it seemed a better value.

Room Tip: avoid rooms off the lobby
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Deluxcious Heritage Hotel Penang? Share your experiences!