“Excellent Ken! Thank you” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metro Bike Easy Green Travel

Metro Bike Easy Green Travel
8A, Pengkalan Weld | (Beside Jetty Bus Terminal- Hainan Town Restaurant), George Town, Penang Island, Malaysia
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: A "Green" way to explore George Town by Bicycle & Trishaw Tour. Entire journey takes around 3.5 hours to intorduce you the popular heritage sites, artistic murals, charming traditional trades and famous hawker food.
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Ken! Thank you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Ken was fantastic. Very passionate about his work as the tour guide and went out of his way to please our two families. Really nice guy and I really admire his courage of leaving the corporate world to do what he love which is this bike tour business. Keep up the good work Ken, and i wish you great success with this endeavor. We also love that Ken gave employment opportunity to the retired.. we had 2 very senior but fit trishaw cyclist bringing the few in our group who did not want to cycle around ...both of whom were also very nice and friendly. We were 2 couples with 1 young child each and went with 2 bicycles (fathers) and 2 trishaws (mothers and children).

Visited June 2014

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“What an adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband, parents and I have been on holiday in Penang and this tour, with Ken and his troupe of trishaw drivers, was so enjoyable.

We had such a fabulous and informative tour of Georgetown.

Ken was so lovely, and he made sure we were always very safe - and very well fed!!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful day!

Hong Kong
5 attraction reviews
“Great Fun Way To Explore Penang!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I recently spent a three night trip in Georgetown, Penang. The day before our departure we were busy looking for things to do and came across the Metro Bike Tour and we are so pleased we did - what a great time we had, it certainly lived up to reviews! We contacted Ken, the owner, and he returned our message straight away and booked us on the trip for the following morning. He arranged a taxi transfer which reliably turned up the next morning at 8.10 am and delivered us to the start point. I am not a confident bike rider so we chose to have a trishaw which my husband duly joined me on. He didn't regret it actually as it meant he could take in more of the sights as we passed by! Think our trishaw peddler rather earned his money though transporting the pair of us around! What a great character he was! Ken, aided by his colleague Eddy, were excellent tour guides - the pace of the tour was lively and informative and a wonderful way of getting one's bearings and planning where we may like to return to explore further at leisure. The food stops that Ken arranged were brilliant - we thoroughly enjoyed our Indian breakfast and the chicken and rice for lunch was delicious! We actually felt by the end of the tour, as we bade Ken and Eddy goodbye, that we had been on a lovely excursion with friends! Don't hesitate to book a Metro Bike tour if in Georgetown - and, as others have noted, Ken's rather unique way of alerting traffic with his entertaining music will bring a smile to your face as an added bonus! Whenever I hear 'Uptown Girl' in future it will transport me back to Penang!! Thank you so much Ken and Eddy for a great time!

Visited May 2014
Lexington, Massachusetts
57 attraction reviews
“Great way to see Georgetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I did the bike tour of Georgetown with Ken. There were 8 of us on bike and 3 trishaws in our tour. The information was fascinating and the food was fabulous. Ken was very good about making sure people had something they liked to eat or drink while making sure we tried local foods. Ken made sure to take safe routes through the traffic of Georgetown but sometimes felt like he was leaving us. Once he jumped on his bike, there was no stopping him. So, I often felt like different members of the tour were getting left behind. I think the trishaw drivers were able to make sure those people didn't get lost. We did very much enjoy this tour and would do it again if we were to go back to Georgetown (and I hope we do!).

Visited April 2014
Darwin, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Trishaw tour of Georgetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Ken is a very knowledgeable guide on the history of Georgetown.He's also very entertaining. We took the trishaw instead of the bicycles and found you can spend the whole time looking at the scenery instead of worrying about the traffic.The drivers are very competent in their jobs and will point out places of interest and stop while you take photos.The trishaws are more expensive, but i think worth the extra.

Visited April 2014