“very nice place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kedah
“very nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

the resto is not very big but looks very nice. they have books, magazines and newspaper to read if you alone. staff also very friendly. they talk to you and don't feel embarass eating alone. Klera was patient with my questions about what is mews, how about hotel and reminds me of trip to Philippine. food was very good. cake not so sweet and coffee was very nice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
Penang Island, Malaysia
“superb malaysian noodles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

me and my friends went there and ordered different noodles - mee jawa, curry mee and their "today's speciality" laksa melaka ... all were very very good and the best part is, the place is nice and cozy, not your typical coffeeshop place. after having the noodles, we had coffees and was surprised to have been served cappuccino in a chinese bowl. it's one interesting experience and will definitely go back there. the staff were very friendly and were all smiling and accommodating.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Taipei, Taiwan
“Not a good choice for dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and a good place to chill. But not a great place for dinner. The choice on the food menu is limited. I had Malaysian food, but they also have western food on the menu. The food was ok, not bad but not great. For Penang it is probably too expensive.

Visited June 2013
Kuala Lumpur
“east meets west ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

they have a limited selection of food items but everything was good. me and my friends ordered different items so we were able to try different things on the menu. they have local specialities and it is refreshing that these are presented properly and decently compared to those in hawker stalls. a bit more pricey than anywhere else but it is all worth it. they also have a good selection of coffees and teas. will definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Georgetown, Malaysia
“Quiet place, pricey food but open from morning to night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I made it a point to eat here today (June 3, Monday) since I saw that this cafe is listed as the 4th most popular restaurant in George Town on TripAdvisor. So I brought my mom for lunch there.

We ordered the nasi goreng (RM22), laksa lemak (a recommended dish as reviewed in the newspaper) (RM18) and fresh watermelon juice (RM12). Service charge was added to the bill.

My mom's nasi goreng's presentation was impressive. Well, it does cost about 10 times more than the usual ones that we can get from the hawker stalls. The satay that came with it was soft and chewy and it tasted nice.

My laksa lemak was alright. It was quite a generous amount and it was different from the other laksa that I have eaten.

They try to make it a relaxing ambience in the indoor section which had a nice, huge mirror on the wall. Soft music was played in the background. But I found that it was a too quiet atmosphere, like those places that I felt I had to be careful of any noise or the loudness of my voice during a conversation.

It may sound weird but I enjoyed the bathroom. I love the black and white floor tiles. It really looks so inviting!

The great thing about this cafe is that it is open daily from 8am to 11pm so you can have your breakfast, lunch and dinner (and supper if you want) there. On weekends and public holidays, it is open till midnight.

According to the receipt, there is a live performance every Saturday and happy hour from 6pm to 9pm on selected cocktails.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere