I'm sorry this review has taken us so long to write. After daydreaming for the millienth time today about how fantastic Clove Hall was I finally got round to it. We absolutely LOVED it! We stayed on our honeymoon in May 2012 in the Clove Suite. The Suite was gorgeous, spacious, quirky and had the most amazing bathroom (plus gorgeous Thann products I've been trying to chase down in the UK ever since!). I would absolutely recommend choosing this room if you can. It is separate from the main building but only a few steps away. The pool and pool area are lovely and a perfect oasis to relax in the afternoon after wandering around Penang all morning. Jo and Jim are fantastic hosts, taking the time to talk to everyone and help them with local information and recommendations that may interest them. George the dog was a fun and entertaining character and all the staff were friendly and attentive. The breakfasts were up there with the best we had whilst we were travelling round Malaysia and the afternoon tea was a really nice treat whilst relaxing by the pool! We found the location ideal for exploring as it was only a short walk into Georgetown. Our other honeymoon highlights were Nazlina's Cookery School and the restaurant Thirty Two recommended by Jo and Jim - the tastiest food we had in Malaysia. We spent a month travelling up the West Coast of Malaysia and Clove Hall was without doubt my favourite place which I often think of fondly, thank you Jo and Jim for the beautiful memories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privately owned,restored black and white Edwardian Anglo-Malay bungalow. On the site of a former plantation and set in half an acre of tropical garden with a swimming pool. This house offers classy colonial bed and breakfast,with just six suites.Located in a quiet residential street but well within walking distance to Georgetown. Clove Hall offers a unique experience, privacy, personalised service and modern comforts.Car and driver can be arranged for transfers. Tours can also be arranged. Many restaurants serving local food are within ten minutes walk of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Clove Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clove Hall Hotel Georgetown
- Clove Hall Penang/George Town