“Definitely value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PPisland Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Georgetown
PPisland Hotel
33A , Abu Siti Lane, Georgetown, Penang Island 10400, Malaysia   |
Ranked #22 of 48 hotels in Georgetown
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Definitely value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Clean and spacious room! It comes with a free first come first serve parking, good for those who drove to penang. Very good value for the amount we paid! :) love the location as well, so convenient and near to many good hawker stalls and restaurants! Will recommend my friends this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked the double rooms for rm85 / night. Location not bad, consider that there're many hawker stalls nearby. Parking is first comes first serve. Small lobby, no restaurant, only a vending machine

Rooms 706: nice view, small size, dirty bedsheets with two hole! , bathroom doorknob rusty to the state of unacceptable!, mouldy ceilings, shower head went wrong but was fixed immediately. No hair dryer in rooms(have to call). No tea making facilities. Paper thin walls.Wifi is snail speed.

It was very cheap stay but the quality is way too bad..will not come back again

• Stayed June 2013
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is my Third time staying in this hotel and am still very glad with the value I am getting. I stayed in a RM 95 rooom this time as I wanted a more comfortable room, the room is HUGE for the money we are paying , with clean bedsheet and room.I saw the recent comment on wifi and felt it isn't fair to give negative review on slow wifi as its actually Free of Charge , plus certain area of the hotel actually has fast connection, so its actually a mattter of going to the right area, the service is definitely not 5 star but for RM 95 per night, what would you expect? I did some online search and this is so far the best value hotel I have stayed in Georgetown as some other hotels actually charge for wifi , airconditioning, etc and to think that by paying so low for a quality stay makes me want to come back again! I only wanted a clean and quality place to stay for the night before I walk around the town, so the question of staff providing fantastic services is not a big concern to me.Highly recommeded!

Room Tip: This is a no frill hotel, need to bbring your own toothbrush and toothpaste. Clean towels will be pr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is an ok review but my negative review is based on there being no Wifi in most of the rooms despite the hotel advertising that there is:

The Good:
Rooms are basic but clean(apart from mildew in shower) with good shower pressure
Smooth check in/ Check out

The Bad:
Staff are extremely rude. If you approach them with an issue they disregard your query and when you ask them again they stare at you until you leave the desk.
Wifi does not work in rooms apart from two twin rooms (rooms ending 4 & 5). Otherwise you dont have wifi in room. This was particularly annoying for me as I chose this hotel due to internet. Reception internet is not great either. On plus side there are plenty of internet cafes in area which I used.
Location is outside the Oldtown about a 40 min walk. I didnt mind this but Penang is not a pedestrian friendly city and there are alternative options for the same price in the centre of old town.

All this being said if you dont mind walking and you dont require internet this is an ok hotel, if they hadnt advertised internet and been so rude when I queried I would have given 3/4 stars.

Room Tip: If you require internet and can use a twin room pre book a room ending in 4 or 5 as the routers are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here again last January, and it isn't my first time staying there. I always recommend this place to my friends whenever they ask for affordable yet comfortable accommodation. PPIsland has only two kind of rooms, Deluxe for Twin Bed and Superior for Double Bed. The price we paid was fair. No breakfast included though, but don't worry, it's very easy to find food around the hotel. We were happy enough with the comfortable bed and simple facility. We'll certainly be back again whenever we visit Penang again.

Room Tip: Deluxe with Twin Bed is nicer and more spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

If you're looking for somewhere that is close to hawker stalls in Georgetown, you can't be better located. The rooms were surprisingly clean and spacious (given the cost) and check-in/out was smooth. The lobby staff were welcoming, but they weren't necessarily committed to providing outstanding service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Petaling Jaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Paid RM95/night for a 2 single bed room. The room was available without pre booking on a working day.

I found out about this hotel from tripadvisor. There is two particular negative review that got me concerned about their service, but I stayed here anyways due to budget concerns.

Checking in was smooth, the desk staff was not the friendliest of the lot, but not sulky or impatient either, like overworked tesco cashier.

The room was a big surprise. Its larger then the two other budget hotels that i stayed the other night. Its comparable to a regular 3 star hotel. The room is very clean with nice laminated wood flooring. The walls looks stainless, which I can only assume its newly renovated. And then it ends there.

The wardrobe stinks, so i did not put any of my clothings inside. I hung my neatly pressed work shirt on the shower curtain rails. The shower curtain is mouldy with dark spots. Toilet, bathroom floor is clean though, and the ventilation works. Hot water shower is from a panasonic home electrical wall mounted water heater.

There is no complimentary instant tea or coffee, not even an electric kettle. Hot/cold water is available at the elevator lobby of each floor.

The bed is almost prefect. Sheets are clean, mattress is firm and supportive, not too hard. Slept really well.

Parking is a concern as there are not that many available space around the hotel. The hotel do provide parking at their private garage with a mechanical lift to double parking space available, however the lower space of the mechanical lift can only fit small cars that are less then 5 feet high. I was lucky that I brought a small car along for my trip. The guard was helpful to rise/lower the mechanical lift for me to park my car when the space on top the mechanical lift is fully occupied.

will visit again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to PPisland Hotel? Share your experiences!