“Sadly..... This will be my last stay in this hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of PPisland Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in George Town
PPisland Hotel
You added PPisland Hotel to your Saves list
33A , Abu Siti Lane, George Town, Penang Island 10400, Malaysia   |
Ranked #28 of 54 Hotels in George Town
Kuala Lumpur
“Sadly..... This will be my last stay in this hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

It's a business trip. Sure you may be asking, if it's a business trip, what the hell are you doing in this hotel??? This is my 3rd repeated stay. sadly it'll be the last one because:
1) the free wifi in the room doesn't work! And I got to go camp at the lobby. This being the case, I could then go for a nicer hotel for business travellers.
2) the pillow case has stain......
3) parking is horrible!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in April 2012

On the first night, we were given room 402 on the smoking floor. The odour was so bad that we asked to switch to a non-smoking room but it was fully booked. The room wasn't properly clean as we could see stains in the bathroom. The bathroom was also dirty with a stale smell and you can see bugs around the ceiling. The bed was so hard and we hardly could sleep the whole night.

We asked to switch to non-smoking floor on the 2nd night and was checked-in to room 303. This room was much better, and cleaner (I dont know why). So the 2nd and 3rd night stays got better.

With the price we paid at RM85nett for a Queen Size bed, we couldn't ask for more I guess. The hotel location is very good, located nearby hawkers foodstalls with many varieties. There's also a restaurant selling dimsum as early as 5.30am and the food was delicious. So breakfast is not a problem.

Room Tip: Go for non-smoking room! However, understand from the staff that there's only one non-smoking fl...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
penang malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I visit this hotel on February, when enter hotel lobby it gave me a luxury feeling. The lobby design and decoration was very good. Staff at Reception was very helpful and friendly. I got my room at 9th floor,the view from my room were nice and consider partially seaview.hahahaha... Although that day was full house, the hotel were quite enough and I able to get my carpark space outside the hotel and without charge until 9 in the morning. within the walking distance, I have visit the Sim Kim shan and the other 2 kopitiam in a row for my dinner, there have very good food and reasonable price. I will definitely coming back again for my next trip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sunny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed in the PPisland in mid-march. Room is small but clean. Location is centralised and walking distance to the New Lane Hawker Street food. Dim sum place at the side has good breakfast. Towels are provided, but toothbrushes and toothpaste you have to bring your own. Overall recommended for the price and location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is my second time staying at PPisland hotel! Stayed here for one night paying RM85 per night. The room was spacious and clean! Fantastis location as it was near all the famous hawker stall, Lorong Selamat, Macalister Road, Burma Road. =)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed here with my wife for 3 days 2 nights during short Penang trip and we decided to stay here for it's suitable budget. At first we didn't expect much for paying RM95 for a room , to my wife and my surprise, the room was spacious, clean and modern design. We were delighted by our choice! Room is simple with basic amenities and flat screen tv, shower is ok. The hotel looks new and well kept. And contrary to some reviews we read, the bed is actually quite clean . Towel also provided. From staff recommendations, we tried nearby food stalls, there is a very nice dim sum stall just within walking distance. They also told me there is a very popular fried kwey tiaw stall nearby but we didn't try it as the queue was too long! Exploring food around is convenient at night, afternoon and morning, generally food standard in Penang is quite high. Will definitely stay here for the location and room.

Room Tip: No toothbrush in room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
KL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

It is happened to me during new year, i can't find a better hotel during that time, all is fully book except pp island hotel are available. so i have no choice, have to go for this budget hotel... my expectation is just need to be clean but the bed sheet is really dirty and have some smell, i ask for changing a new one but they not willing to do that. I feel very uncomfortable to stay and the staff are not friendly at all. The staff tell me " what u expecting staying a budget hotel need a 5 star services!" in d end we use towel to cover the bed sheet. Nobody so free to tarnish your company. people just being upset for the bad service they received. instead u apologize, u keep protecting your staffs n accused guest with all d nonsense. If you are responding to guest complaint earlier it has already solve the problem long time ago...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to PPisland Hotel? Share your experiences!