“Awesome stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PPisland Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Georgetown
PPisland Hotel
Save Saved
You added PPisland Hotel to your Saves list
33A , Abu Siti Lane, Georgetown, Penang Island 10400, Malaysia   |
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Georgetown
penang malaysia
“Awesome stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I visit this hotel on February, when enter hotel lobby it gave me a luxury feeling. The lobby design and decoration was very good. Staff at Reception was very helpful and friendly. I got my room at 9th floor,the view from my room were nice and consider partially seaview.hahahaha... Although that day was full house, the hotel were quite enough and I able to get my carpark space outside the hotel and without charge until 9 in the morning. within the walking distance, I have visit the Sim Kim shan and the other 2 kopitiam in a row for my dinner, there have very good food and reasonable price. I will definitely coming back again for my next trip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sunny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed in the PPisland in mid-march. Room is small but clean. Location is centralised and walking distance to the New Lane Hawker Street food. Dim sum place at the side has good breakfast. Towels are provided, but toothbrushes and toothpaste you have to bring your own. Overall recommended for the price and location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is my second time staying at PPisland hotel! Stayed here for one night paying RM85 per night. The room was spacious and clean! Fantastis location as it was near all the famous hawker stall, Lorong Selamat, Macalister Road, Burma Road. =)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed here with my wife for 3 days 2 nights during short Penang trip and we decided to stay here for it's suitable budget. At first we didn't expect much for paying RM95 for a room , to my wife and my surprise, the room was spacious, clean and modern design. We were delighted by our choice! Room is simple with basic amenities and flat screen tv, shower is ok. The hotel looks new and well kept. And contrary to some reviews we read, the bed is actually quite clean . Towel also provided. From staff recommendations, we tried nearby food stalls, there is a very nice dim sum stall just within walking distance. They also told me there is a very popular fried kwey tiaw stall nearby but we didn't try it as the queue was too long! Exploring food around is convenient at night, afternoon and morning, generally food standard in Penang is quite high. Will definitely stay here for the location and room.

Room Tip: No toothbrush in room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
KL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

It is happened to me during new year, i can't find a better hotel during that time, all is fully book except pp island hotel are available. so i have no choice, have to go for this budget hotel... my expectation is just need to be clean but the bed sheet is really dirty and have some smell, i ask for changing a new one but they not willing to do that. I feel very uncomfortable to stay and the staff are not friendly at all. The staff tell me " what u expecting staying a budget hotel need a 5 star services!" in d end we use towel to cover the bed sheet. Nobody so free to tarnish your company. people just being upset for the bad service they received. instead u apologize, u keep protecting your staffs n accused guest with all d nonsense. If you are responding to guest complaint earlier it has already solve the problem long time ago...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Penang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My parents and I stayed in PPIsland Hotel for about a week in mid-Nov. The room was very clean and spacious - we got a deluxe double, so my parents each had their own bed and we asked for an extra bed for me - even with 3 beds we had plenty of space to walk around. Area is quiet but within a short walking distance to tons of food (hawker stalls on Jalan Macalister and cute little restaurants along/near Jalan Burma). We rented a car and although it were a lot of cars already parked in PPIsland's lot, we were still ALWAYS able to find a space. The hotel staff were VERY helpful and friendly.

Overall, this newer budget hotel is VERY reasonably priced and in a great location! I would DEFINITELY stay there again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
johor bahru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This is my second trip to Penang, I will stay in this hotel again.
Price is reasonable. I paid RM95 for a twin room.
Location-about 10 min walks to bus stop, paid RM1.40, about 15 min bus journey to Komtar bus station.
Food/convenience store-5-10min walk,
Room is nice, clean, comfortable, but No kettle in room, you can get hot water outside the room.
Staff-will answer anything but with No smile.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to PPisland Hotel? Share your experiences!