“Secluded and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thirty Two at the Mansion

Thirty Two at the Mansion
32 Sultan Ahmad Shah | The Mansion, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Georgetown, Penang Island 10050, Malaysia
04262 2232
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bathurst, Australia
“Secluded and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our hotel conceirge recommended this restaurant and we made the effort to find it for lunch break. The restaurant sits right beside a quiet little beach with shady trees and wonderful breezes. Cool refreshing drinks and thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Well worth a visit

Visited January 2013

73% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Penang Island, Malaysia
“a must dine outlet in penang”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

32 at the mansion has been my favourite restaurant in the heart of penang. Recently, i've dined with a group of my friends after learning that they have a new chef on board. I was recommended to start of the meal with blue swimmer crab bisque then the newly created dish of slow cooked lamb shank with cinnamon & lemon. I must say the lamb shank had amused me not only with its juiciness but also with the tenderness of its meat. My friends ordered 3set dinner- a baked cod with yellow curry spice, vanilla roasted salmon and pistachio crusted lamb rack. All these dishes were new to me. I stole a small portion of their mains just to taste : ) ..... yum...yum...they were scrumptious.

After the mains, we pampered ourselves with a bottle of prosecco along with coffee & cardamom poached pear (also a new dish in their dessert menu).

I would strongly recommend this place for those seeking for a decent fine dinner specially to those new in penang. It's a must try!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Penang Island, Malaysia
“classy restaurant, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

the portions are not huge but the food is wonderful. There is a nice outdoor setting for drinks and areas for private parties.

Visited December 2012
penang
“Great Place to entertain in the heart of Georgetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently attended a wedding held in ThirtyTwo. Apparently it's a very popular venue for weddings. As I was very impressed with the food and service provided I decided to entertain some visitors there. I found the atmosphere really nice. The annex bar bar by the beach side of this unique location was perfect for a pre dinner drink and catching up with my long-time-no-see friends. Dinner inside the air conditioned area was another pleasant experience. The tray of assorted breads was lovely, warm and crusty. The piquant salad with spicy lemongrass dressing was a pleasure to the taste buds. My guests enjoyed it so much that they bought a couple of bottles of the dressing to take home to England. The variety of main course that we all had were very nice. Good portion size and nicely presented without trying too hard. Most importantly the food was served hot. From talking to the restaurant manager I found out that this place has been in existence for 12 years now. Quite a feat in a place where mortality rate of f n b places are high with so many outlets coming and going. I recommend this restaurant to those who are looking for a pleasant night out.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
HK
“Service, portions and furnishings need to be improved & upgraded.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

It's been sometime now that we visited the Restaurant especially for lunch. Very quiet saved for 2 other tables where the customers were just having cold drinks.
We ordered the set lunch...a salmon and a cod dish. The starter is either a soup or a salad. We chose the carrot soup which was just ok. The salmon dish looked different from what we saw in the photos. The taste was also just average.Dessert was a tiny piece of cake with ice cream followed by coffee. In the past, the portion was slightly more.
There were many waiters hanging around and texting away on their h/p and talking among themselves. They were not very friendly and did not even acknowledge when we were leaving. The decoration and floor tiles were old and worn out and the furnishings could do with some upgrade whilst preserving the heritage of the restaurant building. Perhaps the dinner portions are better and I guess there are more diners at night.I would definitely think twice before going back to this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012