1) Lor Bak - this is a must-try. We had 3 rounds when we were there. I couldn't stop.
2) Laksa - very good.
3) Prawn noodles - very good
4) Chicken rice - forgettable. don't waste your stomach space on this. those we get in Singapore is nicer.
5) Ice kacang - excellent way to end the meal especially on a hot day! the durian ice cream is too sweet to eat on it's own, but tastes much better when eaten with the ice kacang.
6) Kueh pie tee - average, eat only if you've got spare stomach space.
The char kwey teow was closed when we were there much to our disappointment. The food here was worth the walk/hunt in the hot sun. Will be back the next time I'm in Penang.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.