“Delicious Indian food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Prague, Czech Republic
“Delicious Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our first meeting with Indian food in Malaysia and I must say we were absolutely thrilled! We had Rawa masala and Kothu parrota vege, both vegetarian with potatoes, vegetables, great sauces and excellent masala spices. Very cheap and delicious. Recommended!

Visited February 2014

KL
“...no frills indian food for a decent price..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

..were walking around town deciding where to have dinner and noted this restaurant close by Cititel hotel,it was crowded and bustling with patrons...decided to drop in and checkout the place as were miffed with the rude old lady at Kashmir's cafe...

..had to do a quick survey to make sure they didn't serve beef,as we do not patronize muslim eateries cos of beef...

..food was pretty decent,place is clean and very efficient service...price is reasonable...

..go for it if you're up for some clean decent hot meal,its worth it.They have rice,chapati,roti canai and mee goreng all done up pretty fast!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
france
“Great buzz and excellent Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This place has both locals and foreigners eating here. Its very very reasonable and the food is superb .
Great team of waiters though not always easy to get your order across due to the language problem but thats not their fault.
Great fun and I keep returning whenever I am in Penang

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Redondo Beach, California
“Addictive food, incredible value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My friend and I ate at Jaya two times during our recent trip to Georgetown. The food at Jaya is excellent. Their focus is authentic Indian cuisine, although the menu ventures a bit into local Malay and Western dishes as well. The Tandoori chicken was juicy and tangy, with just the right amount of spice. I also recommend the chicken masala, which is a creamy, saucy, spicy stew with ample chunks of chicken. Another winner was the murtabak, which was new to us, but is sort of a crunchy stuffed bread or pancake, filled with minced chicken or mutton and other savory ingredients. Toward the end of my trip, I was starting to get beginning flu symptoms, so I was eager to try their variation on chicken soup -- which was delicious, steaming, peppery, filled with plump pieces of chicken, and just what the doctor ordered. Each time we went, we made sure to order their garlic naan as a side, which comes out hot from the oven. Portion sizes are good, but prices are so low that if you want more, just order more! My friend and I can eat a lot in one sitting, and we stuffed ourselves with several repeat orders of our favorite items, for a grand total of like $6 USD per person, which we viewed as a steal.

The location is great, right on Penang Street, where some of Georgetown's best restaurants, clubs, and markets are. The setting is open -- it's covered from rain, but the restaurant is open air on all sides. The seats and ambience are comfortable, though casual. Nothing fancy here. Just great food at an incredible value.

I also want to commend our waiters, who spoke virtually no English, but who went above and beyond the call of duty to understand what my friend was asking for, which was "yogurt sauce." After several jovial back-and-forth attempts, we ultimately got the desired condiment. For reference everyone: it's called raita. Great stuff!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phuket, Thailand
“Great food service and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Me and my wife ate here
Staff really good and very freindly
Great service food was delicious and very cheap.
Would definitely recommend this place is a must..

• Visited January 2014