I stayed in Orinetal hotel last week with my family. We booked a family room for just $55 per night. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of George town in close proximity to the famous UNESCO world heritage site, restaurants and shopping centers. Although the hotel is a bit old the rooms are very spacious and clean. The room we got is on 7th floor and is in the corner and has nice views of the Penang bridge, Komtar (tallest building in Penang). The Prangin mall is also 7-8 minutes walk from hotel. There is a restaurant and bar on the ground floor (We didn't try food there though). There is a 7 Eleven opposite to the hotel.
The hotel also arranges day tours and private tours of Penang if you wish. There are some bike renting shops in the next lane. Also there is a bus stop near by with buses to Jetty and other main locations. The area itself is vibrant with many Chinese, Indian temples near by.
The only few cons are
1. The WIFI signal was weak and unreliable
2. There are no controls for Air Con inside the room as it is centralized.
3. There is a Mosque near by the hotel and you will be waken up by early morning prayer calls.
Overall my stay was very comfortable and I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oriental Hotel Georgetown
- Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town