A resort hotel with great location, beautiful beach and still is. But hotel service is bad, food is horrible even the monkeys are throwing the food along the corridors.
We booked for a 4days three nights stay at the Ocean View Room in early June. Checked in was fine and we had late lunch at the Cafe. Menu was limited and not suitable for children because either the dishes are spicy or they have beef in it. We do not eat beef for religious reason. Air-con was not working for the first night and the buffet dinner was horrible. Very limited choice and nothing much for the children to eat. Ending up buying biscuit at the gift shop for children dinner. Cannot sleep well as the air-con was not working. I think they do not have technician at night.
Wake up late the next day and had room service of omelette and pastries. Call and complained again about the air-con and we left the hotel for a round island tour. Back at the hotel in the late afternoon and the air-con still not repaired. Call few more times and the technician came twice but cannot do anything. Went down to the reception to complain again to the duty manager and left the hotel for dinner in town. When we came back to the hotel they have change our room to the Pacific Wing Suite Room. Room was large but old and run down. We have electricity failure at midnight and it took half an hour before the technician come to repair. Problem due to the electricity saving device at the door.
The following days, we had buffet breakfast at the Cafe. Very poor crowd control, people packing food out of the Cafe to send to friends and family members who do not pay for the food. It is very normal in Malaysia to see so many people staying in one room. I overheard one group boastin g they have eight peoples in their room.
It is a pity for such a nice hotel with poor food and bad services. I stay three times during Pan Pacific days and the service and food were very good. We do not have for leave the hotel for meals. This trip we have to go out every day for lunch and dinner and each trip cost us RM40 for the taxi fare. Even with the fare, many people goes out to eat.
It used to be a hotel for foreigner and few locals those days and now it is the other way round. I would mind paying more for services and food. So, I hope they buck up or they will lose out if there is a new hotel in Pangkor soon.
- Also Known As:
- Pangkor Island Beach Hotel Pangkor
- Pangkor Island
- Pangkor Island Beach Hotel
- Pan Pacific Pangkor
- Pangkor Island Beach Resort Pulau Pangkor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the jewels in the crown of West Coast of Penisular Malaysia's Island Resorts, Pangkor Island Beach Resort is the perfect get-away to de-stress and unwind. Lying approximately half way between Penang and Kuala Lumpur, getting there by car from Kuala Lumpur is about 3 hour along the scenic North-South Highway. Alternatively, a dedicated coach transfer departs three times weekly (Wednesday, Friday and Sunday) from the Malaysia Tourism Information Centre along Ampang Road (apposite Renaissance Hotel) whilst a 35-minute flight on Berjaya Air; operating thrice weekly from Subang Airport flying directly into the island.The resort is ideally located in a protected bay, offering guests 1.2 kilometer of private beach front.This inimate resort is fringed by natural wonders of a tropical rainforest, offering an abundance of flora and fauna, where nature is at your doorstep.This unique resort location allows guests the option of a complete laid-back experience whilst those with a more adventurous spirit can take advantange from its full range of land and sea activities.Whether you are looking for a quiet romantic interlude or run-filled family get-away, Pangkor Island Beach Resort will satisfy your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, AsiaRooms, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Pangkor Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.