I stayed here before in 1999, and I remember how distinctly disappointed I was then. I didn't have any expectations this time round so it was a pleasant surprise to see how much the resort has improved in over a decade.
I went with another two couples and we all were given rooms in the Garden Wing. The room I stayed in was spacious, clean and well-maintained. The resort grounds were also clean and well-maintained. Peacocks and hornbills roamed freely and made for an interesting sight.
The package we paid for did not include breakfast (at RM66 per person I expect to get to go again and again for as long as breakfast was available!) but I sampled some nice dessert dishes in the PacificTerrace.
The pool area was clean and the private beach strip was visited as much as possible in the two days we were there.
All in all, it was a welcome break and I would definitely recommend the resort to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the jewels in the crown of West Coast of Penisular Malaysia's Island Resorts, Pangkor Island Beach Resort is the perfect get-away to de-stress and unwind. Lying approximately half way between Penang and Kuala Lumpur, getting there by car from Kuala Lumpur is about 3 hour along the scenic North-South Highway. Alternatively, a dedicated coach transfer departs three times weekly (Wednesday, Friday and Sunday) from the Malaysia Tourism Information Centre along Ampang Road (apposite Renaissance Hotel) whilst a 35-minute flight on Berjaya Air; operating thrice weekly from Subang Airport flying directly into the island.The resort is ideally located in a protected bay, offering guests 1.2 kilometer of private beach front.This inimate resort is fringed by natural wonders of a tropical rainforest, offering an abundance of flora and fauna, where nature is at your doorstep.This unique resort location allows guests the option of a complete laid-back experience whilst those with a more adventurous spirit can take advantange from its full range of land and sea activities.Whether you are looking for a quiet romantic interlude or run-filled family get-away, Pangkor Island Beach Resort will satisfy your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AsiaRooms, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pangkor Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pangkor Island Beach Hotel Pangkor
- Pan Pacific Pangkor
- Pangkor Island Beach Resort Pulau Pangkor