3 days/2 night short beach get away!
Can't believe it that we've finally make it! This was my first visit to Pangkor Island and decided to stay in Pangkor Island Beach Resort as recommended by one of our friend. Our reservation request was being handled by Ms Dian Kharisma, which she has extended a very prompt reply to our reservation confirmation.
My husband and I were so excited for this trip. We were impressed that Pangkor Island Beach Resort does have their own arrival counter, located in Jetty Lumut. We were being pre-register at the counter and they took our luggage from there. I just feel a bit insecure to see our luggage just being unattended outside of their counter. Luckily nothing bad happened and we did not lose our luggage. Suggestion: Get proper secure luggage storage.
Upon arrival at the resort, we were greeted by one of their Guest Relations Officer and welcome drink being served to us upon registration. As our original booking is for Garden Wing, the Receptionist just told us that we need to walk one round behind their counter towards the Garden Wing and guess what? Who got lost our way!
We manage to find our way to the room and it’s located nearly towards to the end of the building! I’m not sure if this is the standard of their ‘warm’ service for us to find our own room, despite only us and another couple who’s arriving together with us, which was being attended by another Receptionist.
Another surprise when we entering our room, we being given (or upgrade?) to a Garden Wing FAMILY ROOM when it’s only two of us. I guess perhaps they could seriously consider upgrading us to a better room since the resort is quiet when we arrive on Sunday evening.
Try not to be so disappointed, otherwise will definitely ruined our holiday! We did enjoy the sunset in the evening. We did approached the Recreation Counter to book for the next day snorkeling trip as the requirement is one day notice, however was told that they need at least 4 pax for the trip and at the moment only us is asking for it. Well, we have to forget it about that plan after all.
Upon our dinner at their coffee house, one of their staff was very friendly, sorry that I did not catch his name. But he seems surprise when we give out our room number to sign our dinner charges...seem that your own staff not aware about the existing of our room number.
The next day, we just hang around by the beach and the swimming pool. Well, this is the only thing that I could enjoy the most ON MY BIRTHDAY! Try to rent the snorkeling set from the Recreation Counter, but was told that there isn’t anything to see here! I don’t understand why they offering rental service for snorkeling set and told you that it was useless? We told him that it’s ok as we just want to use the snorkeling set and asked for the life jacket along. Another surprise!!! They don’t give out the life jacket with snorkeling set rental!
Once again, I tried to be calm and just cancel the plan of getting the snorkeling set. What else to do, just hang around by the beach side and enjoying the view, the beach and the pool.
We had lunch for Nasi Goreng on our second day and it was tasteless. We were too tired to go out for dinner and decided to order Rooms Service on our second night. It stated in their menu that Room Service last order will be at 11.30pm. However when my husband called at 10.30pm, they told him that Room Service is already closed for the day! We call back after confirm that the operation hours as stated should end at 11.30pm, then only they agreed to prepare our meal – Nasi Goreng Kampung, which is also tasteless and very similar with the Nasi Goreng that we had for our lunch. Suggestion: Please get your Chef to learn how to cook Nasi Goreng.
Overall experience, there isn’t any exceptional service that we can share here. Perhaps, just a double standard service because we choose and stay at their Garden Wing. Perhaps we might getting a much better service and recognition if we stayed in their Ocean View Room.
Yes..we will come back…Not because of their services, just because of their beautiful beach which is much better than Port Dickson!!! No more expectation after this…I promise!!
p/s: Please get a better…clearer TV channel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the jewels in the crown of West Coast of Penisular Malaysia's Island Resorts, Pangkor Island Beach Resort is the perfect get-away to de-stress and unwind. Lying approximately half way between Penang and Kuala Lumpur, getting there by car from Kuala Lumpur is about 3 hour along the scenic North-South Highway. Alternatively, a dedicated coach transfer departs three times weekly (Wednesday, Friday and Sunday) from the Malaysia Tourism Information Centre along Ampang Road (apposite Renaissance Hotel) whilst a 35-minute flight on Berjaya Air; operating thrice weekly from Subang Airport flying directly into the island.The resort is ideally located in a protected bay, offering guests 1.2 kilometer of private beach front.This inimate resort is fringed by natural wonders of a tropical rainforest, offering an abundance of flora and fauna, where nature is at your doorstep.This unique resort location allows guests the option of a complete laid-back experience whilst those with a more adventurous spirit can take advantange from its full range of land and sea activities.Whether you are looking for a quiet romantic interlude or run-filled family get-away, Pangkor Island Beach Resort will satisfy your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AsiaRooms, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pangkor Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pangkor Island Beach Hotel Pangkor
- Pan Pacific Pangkor
- Pangkor Island Beach Resort Pulau Pangkor