My wife and I stayed here for six days at the end of 2007 into early 2008 and had a fantastic stay. Here are a few points for readers to consider about this resort:
Pros - Two very good pools for lazing by; a hilarious pot holed golf course which is good for a few hours of hitting balls and laughing (not so good if you are serious about golf); a variety of water sports to indulge in (para sailing to sailing); lots of activities for keeping kids entertained (we don't have kids but noticed they were well catered for); and absolutely excellent staff. A few more words on this last point - the front desk staff were a bit stiff (as happens with many hotels) but everyone else (from cleaners to waiters) provided exceptional and exceptionally friendly service.
Cons - While certainly not neglected the resort is clearly in need of a renovation; oddly the restaurant has very few local dishes (you'll need to visit restaurants about a 1 km away); alcohol is a little pricey (but not horrific).
Overall - a great place to relax and well worth a visit (particularly families - but enough room for this not tot scare away others)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the jewels in the crown of West Coast of Penisular Malaysia's Island Resorts, Pangkor Island Beach Resort is the perfect get-away to de-stress and unwind. Lying approximately half way between Penang and Kuala Lumpur, getting there by car from Kuala Lumpur is about 3 hour along the scenic North-South Highway. Alternatively, a dedicated coach transfer departs three times weekly (Wednesday, Friday and Sunday) from the Malaysia Tourism Information Centre along Ampang Road (apposite Renaissance Hotel) whilst a 35-minute flight on Berjaya Air; operating thrice weekly from Subang Airport flying directly into the island.The resort is ideally located in a protected bay, offering guests 1.2 kilometer of private beach front.This inimate resort is fringed by natural wonders of a tropical rainforest, offering an abundance of flora and fauna, where nature is at your doorstep.This unique resort location allows guests the option of a complete laid-back experience whilst those with a more adventurous spirit can take advantange from its full range of land and sea activities.Whether you are looking for a quiet romantic interlude or run-filled family get-away, Pangkor Island Beach Resort will satisfy your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pangkor Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pangkor Island Beach Hotel Pangkor
- Pan Pacific Pangkor
- Pangkor Island Beach Resort Pulau Pangkor