After many years, finally revisited Pangkor Island Beach Resort to find it strangely unsettling. Last we were there, the sea was wonderful to swim in. Now, the children complained of itchiness from contact with the sea water. Still, they went in b'cuz an island holiday is not quite one without a dip in the sea. (Maybe, hotel should test water quality for effluents etc).
The rooms and facilities are okay. The beach is swept clean in the mornings. Food is ok. Then, we went to dinner and met guests in their pajamas. (and its not a themed dinner!!). Mingling with old gentleman in peejays are ladies in evening gowns (they were attending conventions). Strange but true.
Later in the night, we were woken up by people crying out like pontianak (local ghosts) obviously having too much fun in the pool. It was a good hour before they got out after being told to do so,
My children couldnt get much sleep from the clattering of what sounded like mahjong tiles from an adjoining room that went on into the wee hours of the night.
We sorely missed the tranquil holidays of the yesteryears. Although the resort looks nice after being refurbished, it seems to have attracted "strange" guests.
Now, it has too much of an "Asian" flavour. It is like having a break in Port Dickson but having to drive much further for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the jewels in the crown of West Coast of Penisular Malaysia's Island Resorts, Pangkor Island Beach Resort is the perfect get-away to de-stress and unwind. Lying approximately half way between Penang and Kuala Lumpur, getting there by car from Kuala Lumpur is about 3 hour along the scenic North-South Highway. Alternatively, a dedicated coach transfer departs three times weekly (Wednesday, Friday and Sunday) from the Malaysia Tourism Information Centre along Ampang Road (apposite Renaissance Hotel) whilst a 35-minute flight on Berjaya Air; operating thrice weekly from Subang Airport flying directly into the island.The resort is ideally located in a protected bay, offering guests 1.2 kilometer of private beach front.This inimate resort is fringed by natural wonders of a tropical rainforest, offering an abundance of flora and fauna, where nature is at your doorstep.This unique resort location allows guests the option of a complete laid-back experience whilst those with a more adventurous spirit can take advantange from its full range of land and sea activities.Whether you are looking for a quiet romantic interlude or run-filled family get-away, Pangkor Island Beach Resort will satisfy your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AsiaRooms, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pangkor Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pangkor Island Beach Hotel Pangkor
- Pan Pacific Pangkor
- Pangkor Island Beach Resort Pulau Pangkor