“A top quality relaxing resort maintained and serviced by friendly, well trained staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pangkor Laut Resort

You added Pangkor Laut Resort to your Saves list
Pangkor Laut Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Pangkor Laut Island, Lumut, Pangkor, Pulau Pangkor 32200, Malaysia   |
Special Price
20% OFF BAR RATES!
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pangkor
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

A quiet and excellent resort to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Top quality friendly staff all around. Rooms are roomy and serviced daily. Food is good but somewhat pricey. In this context, go for a package if one exist that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed in Pangkor Laut Resort for 4 nights at the beginning of October, it was absolutely superb.
The Spa is one of the best I have ever experienced, and considering the luxury resort the rates of the Spa were not too bad, the bath ritual is lovely.
My husband and I also pracised the Tai Chi with the Chinese docter of the resort and I practised yoga also 3 times which was great. This was all complimentary.
You ciukd also do a guided jungle walk but we decided to skip it as the timeslot coincided with the Tai Chi class. We did the walk ourselved, a good hour and a half, to Emerald Bay, one of the most beautiful beaches on the planet....
I opted for the halfboard meal plan and I don't regret it, we had a choice of 4 restaurants, we loved the Straits Restaurant so much that we decided to dine there twice. We were lucky that not the whole resort was fully ooked I guess because we had the best table every night. When we visited the beautiful ifinity pool we often were the only guests in the pool, bizar....
Staff were absolutely wonderful as you expect from a 5 star resort.
If I am being very honest, this must be the best resort I have ever visited and I have stayed in 5 star resorts before. So, if you are still trying to decide to pick this for your next holiday destination, I wouldn't wait much longer because a lot better then this it won't get!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

I need a place to get away and PLR was the last minute choice. However I must say, it was an excellent choice. I was treated well from day 1, and the staff make the trouble to get my name right once I arrived at the resort. I would always remember Adrian. He took the trouble to explain to me about the surrounding, food to go for, places to see and guide me to my rooms. What a fantastic service. I met Zainal too, very friendly and helpful I must say. I have to say the resto staff at Feast was excellent. Never stop to smile and served no matter how busy they are. The Spa is a heaven for 1-day, will love to go there again though pricey. The room and view, is just wonderful. Thank you whoever reserved that room for me, I would definitely come again...

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

An amazing resort, we flew from KL with a nine month old baby, after a short transit to the jetty from the airport, it was straight onto the ferry to the resort. Staff were absolutely wonderful and check in was efficient considering approx 6 other couples were checking in at the same time. We had a Hill top villa, which although one of the more remote villas was fantastic with wonderful views out over the water, and it was so quite you almost felt you had the place to yourself. Food was great and reasonable considering it's quality ,location and isolation. Baby sitting can be easily arranged through the concierge and is good value (usually a female staff member who has the night off)
Only slightly disapointing thing was water clarrity especially at Emarald beach, while it is a magical beach, I do prefer clear water, it could have been something to do with the time of year we were there, We stayed 5 nights which was perfect, I think much longer and it would have got a bit boring, All in all a wonderful resort

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I've been to this resort since 20years ago, and go back every year at least twice.

Is a very beautiful place, very serene island. No crowd, no noise (except the bats), no late night mahjong disturbance, no screaming kids. The type of place, you can just empty you mind, relax, and feel at peace.

Tips for all those planning to visit!

There are packages out there with meals included. Get it! Most I've seen are really reasonable priced with all meal inclusive.

Don't get caught off guard once your stuck on the island, a side dish here can easily cost you USD40-50, main course would be USD50-80 for lunch time. Dinner time, is another range of pricing, and subjected to where your having your dinner. This can really break your budget and spoil your whole trip, so please take note.

And the best Beach is on the other side of the island, called Emerald Bay. To give a litter more excitement and feel good factor, try tracking there, is a short 20-30minutes trail over the forest.

The restaurant there called Chapman's Bar, serve beverage and lunch with decent quality (but does fluctuate). Be careful with the falling ants coming from above if your sitting below the tree, it aint serious, but it happens.

Next, do plan some activities before you come, especially for those staying for 4days and above.. there is not much to do on this island beside relaxing, and chilling out. Light sports activities like swimming, kayaking are available, but not going to keep you busy whole day. Get a book, or setup some surprise for you love one, plan something fun.

Oh, TV is not available here. Internet is only limited to the Front Office area. Reason? Your here for Holiday and enjoy the environment, not your favorite drama series or have a meeting with the office.

You can setup romantic dinner at your own room balcony, and yes you do have more than sufficient space for even 4 person. I've seen a couple of times, private dinner for 2 setup at room balcony, or even at Spa village there. Quite cool, I'm not sure the cost, but at least you know this can be arrange with the hotel staff.

Finally, this place is perfect if your looking for Relaxation, Beach front, and Romantic environment, and yet have the good Service and proper facilities available.

Well hope this help. Cheers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Went there with my husband and 2 young children (3 yrs & 1 yr) end of October to celebrate my husband birthday. We took the Malaysian Resident package (RM 799 nett/adult and RM 499 nett/child) Children below 2 years of age are FOC. It's a full board package which consists of 2 lunches, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts. We stayed at the Garden Villa (Room 302) and the location of our villa was perfect.

We drove from Kuala Lumpur to Lumut - took us about 3.5 hours and we arrived at the jetty but realised that we have to go to the PLR office which located opposite of the road. We parked our car at the nearby multi-level parking which we paid RM 18 for 3 days.

The PLR office is located at the corner of the round-a-bout and do take note as the signage was blocked by several palm trees (have highlighted to them). We were checked in at the office and room number was given at the office itself. We were served cold fruit punch and cold towels when we were at the office. There were porters around to handle the luggages for you. And we were escorted to their private speed boat to ferry us to PLR.

The boat ride took approximately 35 mins and it was a nice experience especially for children. Once we arrived at the jetty of PLR, we were greeted by many of their staff and the Executive Chef was even there to greet us. Upon arriving at their lobby, we were again given some cold fruit juices and towels to freshen up and the staff led us to a sit before they brief us about our stay there.

Our villa was an ideal location as we have 2 young children with us. The villa was facing the sea and the sea villas (which were closed for maintenance). Very spacious and the view was breathtaking. There's a huge balcony whereby you can lounge and looking out at the sea and listening to the waves. The whole island was surrounded with lots of greenery and trees. There were lots of hornbills, fruit bats (harmless) and birds and even peacocks around the island.

Food was relatively good given that we were on an island. Lunch at Chapman's bar was great as the place was just next to Emerald Beach. The beach was spectacular and the view was amazing.

We liked that we never need to 'fight' with others to use the pool or for a seat in the restaurants. It's truly the feel that we are in a 'private' island. The level of service is impeccable and nothing is ever to difficult for the staff. The price we paid seemed a lot but we felt that it was really worth it as the level of service we received was more than we could ask for.

The Spa Village is an experience by itself. If you have some money to spend, do go for it and you will not regret it and will remember it for a long time. We plan to go back next year and will definitely visit the Spa once again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

This place is just perfect.

- Gorgeous place
- Superior service
- Staff are incredibly nice and friendly
- Our hill top villa was incredible and the views were breath taking
- The managers personally greeted and walked us good bye
- welcome drinks and treats at every step
- Each of the restaurants have super ambiance and great food
- Free internet with super large monitors
- Large rooms, large bathroom, double sink, double closet
- Beautiful beach

On the negative side:
- The restaurants foods are a somewhat over priced.
- Spa and massage are not affordable
- no grocery shop in the island
- swimming pool is noting to write home about (I didn't bother to even swim in it)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Pangkor Laut Resort? Share your experiences!