Imagine a life of luxury on a private island and mother nature at your doorstep from monkeys to Hornbills... Heaven, right? Well... here you go: expect no less than this when going there! I went to Pangkor Island before, I was not impressed... Pangkor Laut, instead, is a different world altogether. 5 star service on arrival, from the traditional fresh towels, the welcoming drink, to the personal assistant who is accompanying you to your room. Room you said? NO, we are talking about luxury here! We booked a hillside 'villa' overlooking the sea: trully stunning! The room was top notch with a great terrasse and a surprise in the bathroom... I let you discover it! Needless to say that Wifi is free and is working perfectly everywhere on the island (thanks to a clever 4GYes Wifi personal rooter). You can choose among 4 or 5 different restaurants (well, they call it 'culinary experience') including a contemporary European 'gastronomic' restaurant. The food, the staff, the beach, everything is 5 stars ! A quick example, at the beach, you don't have to say a word... a friendly waiter is providing you with a bucket of ice and bottled water, nothing to ask. My special tip: when you are there, indulge yourself at the spa... it's just unbelievable! A traditional massage (Balinese, Malay, Thai, etc...) will do: simply enjoy! As you can imagine, all this come at a price, it is expensive, very expensive for Malaysian standard. We paid about 260EUR a night (including breakfast). For a special occasion, it worths every penny!
As I said, simply the Best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pangkor Laut is a privately owned island located three miles off the West Coast of Malaysia along the Straits of Malacca. This piece of paradise has been 2 million years in the making, and here you will find one of the world's premier resorts nestling in the shade of forest giants as old as the land. You will find no other resorts - just secluded bays curled around pristine beaches, evening skies woven with colour, and a deep sense of serenity reserved exclusively for our guests. A combination of luxury, natural beauty and age-old wilderness woven together to produce an environment where peace and magically memorable moments are the currency. Of the island's 300 acres, only a fraction has been developed to house the Resort and its eight Estates. Wooden buildings blend seamlessly into the forest as if nature had been the architect dictating how walls curve around foliage, and roofs open up to allow trees to continue on their journey to the sky. Nature is respected here, almost revered, and it rewards visitors in ways that simply need to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Pangkor Laut Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pangkor Laut Hotel Pangkor
- Laut Pangkor
- Pangkor Laut Resort Pulau Pangkor