3rd trip to PLR but the first 2 visit sans 3-yr old pre-schooler.
Started w trying to book via YTL office under local resident package but somehow the cheaper rooms are "not available". After booking via Agoda.com for just room & breakfast, the YTL website offered the cheaper room! Obviously not too thrilled w the insane ferry charges (RM160 per person) and obscene meal charges (RM45+ for a dish).
Not a great start.
Their interns however were friendly and the wait staff at Feast Village were extremely accommodating. Their manager remembered my daugther's vegetarian diet and offered to make special meals for her.
A secluded island with scarce activities. Only a library with 3 computers to keep your family entertained in the evening. Not appealing if you hv young children. 2 of their Restaurants also barred children under 16. The only beach area is Emerald Bay . Small and with less than pristine waters.
Fairly spacious with balcony and big tub. Do stay in garden villas should u hv young children to avoid steep stairs up to hill villas.
I was impressed with the resort 5 years ago but having visited awe-inspiring beach resorts over the years, PLR leaves much to desire. As a resident, have truly supported home grown YTL chain of hotels by staying in their other resorts such as Tanjong Jara. However, with the same amount of $ (RM1,000) a night, one can stay in bigger, more luxurious spaces in SEA such as Intercontinental Danang, Tubkaak, Krabi and even in expensive Shangri-la, singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pangkor Laut is a privately owned island located three miles off the West Coast of Malaysia along the Straits of Malacca. This piece of paradise has been 2 million years in the making, and here you will find one of the world's premier resorts nestling in the shade of forest giants as old as the land. You will find no other resorts - just secluded bays curled around pristine beaches, evening skies woven with colour, and a deep sense of serenity reserved exclusively for our guests. A combination of luxury, natural beauty and age-old wilderness woven together to produce an environment where peace and magically memorable moments are the currency. Of the island's 300 acres, only a fraction has been developed to house the Resort and its eight Estates. Wooden buildings blend seamlessly into the forest as if nature had been the architect dictating how walls curve around foliage, and roofs open up to allow trees to continue on their journey to the sky. Nature is respected here, almost revered, and it rewards visitors in ways that simply need to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Splendia, Priceline, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Pangkor Laut Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pangkor Laut Hotel Pangkor
- Laut Pangkor
- Pangkor Laut Resort Pulau Pangkor