“little piece of heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Pangkor B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“little piece of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

hiya i was supposed tostay at nipah guest house for 3 nights and ended up staying 9 nights!!
alicia and anuar was around on my arrival and as soon as i checked in and dumped my case they invited me to dine with them!!, as they had made a meal and wanted to share it with me!! theyd only known me 5 minutes!!
my room was lovely and big with its own shower and toilet and sink which was immaculate clean, iit also smelt fresh and clean, in the shower room/toilet there was even shower gel provided,
the room was lovely and clean lovely white tiles and also a room fan but best of all there was also A/C, so room was always lovely and cool,
the beds wer so comfy and the bedding was clean and smelt fresh and clean as we,r the pillows , the dining area was amazingly clean as was all the surrounding area around the guest house alicia and anuar take pride in the guest house and nothing is to much for them,
nipah guest house has 4 rooms for rent and all had wireless internet which was a mega bonus, no trapsing to the shops to use their p,cs, i used it in my room, but they are in the process of building 4 A frame chalets wer are so funky with a upstairs and a balcony, and their own shower room attatched to each chalet, just wished they wer ready when i was there would of loved to of stayed in one,
alicia and anuar are two of the most caring and generous people iv met on my travels, during my stay with them we went to the turtle sanctury on the mainland which was amazing and also shopping in tesco!!!l
on my last night anuar and alicia took me for a lovely meal to a local restaraunt which was so amazing we had all local foods and fresh fish, and a couple of beers!!!!
i was so sad to sad cheerio to them both as believe me it wasnt goodbye as i will definatley be going back to nipah guest house, and as its a small guest house you get to know your fellow travellers staying there and one night we had a brill b-b-q, , with steak and fresh seafood, and mashed potatoes!!! which was heaven,
nipah guest house is a little peice of heaven so quiet and peacefull just what i was looking for will defo be goin back asap!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

The one thing I love about travelling is going to places you’ve never been before and discovering something new. Nipah Guesthouse is one such place!

This was my first time to Pangkor and it was great to be there… Booked in advanced by the recommendations of this website from other travellers… and we where lucky because me made the reservation for the last free room. Tough it was hard to find a telephone number or website…. So therefore search for www.pangkorbeachchalet.com on google and you will find the number of Anuar on the page on the right side in black textblock…

Meant to be for tree night but we stayed the week. Our room was a sweet setup and perfectly clean! Probably the cleanest hostel we have ever slept…. Spacious, A/C & plenty of room for us… we had a room with attached bathroom. Only cold water, but you don’t need hot water, because of the sunny weather of the island… a refreshing shower is all you need!

Within Nipah Guesthouse is a large seating area, behind there is a little kitchen where you can prepare your food…You can make your own breakfast, there is more then enough good stuff in the refrigerator, like tomato, peppers, onions, eggs, bread, jam, butter etc…. to make breakfast. Which is included in the price… as well as free WIFI!

Great place to meet new people. As for the staff / owners, one of the friendliest and awesome people I have come across. They will make sure you have a pleasant stay. This place is extremely clean, very comfortable with nice beds and has a feeling of being at home and Anuar and Alicia took incredible care of us.

The location of Nipha Guesthouse was excellent with only a 5 minute walk from Coral Beach (the most beautiful beach on the island) and it was quit and peaceful during the day and night and a really fun place to meet new people….
We highly recommend this place to anyone that's planning to go to Pangkor Island... Definitely got this place planned in for my next visit!!

Thanks for everything!
Love Majke & Niels

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

we re a german backpacker couple and went just to pankor island without any booking.
npah guesthouse is very clean and anoah offered us going out to an restaurant together or go visit a turlte centuary.
they did our laundry for free, as we staxed more nights.

thank you for letting us stay there alicia and anoah. we enjoed it a lot.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

First of all I want to tell again many thanks to Anvar and Alicia for perfectly spent time in December 2010.

Guethouse have greate location - near the most beautiful beach.
Whole place is well maintained. Rooms very clean. Free Wifi.

Extremely I recommend to do reservation in advance as the hotel is very very very popular. I after 3 nights in Nipah Guesthouse I really understand why =))

In the rest - the best parity of the price-quality-comfort which I met among budget guesthouse.
Anvar and Alicia first of all think of lodgers. About their comfortable residing.

Thank you! I will keep warm feeling about you and your hotel!
Hope we will see again!

Maksim with BLACK Nokia E72 =)))

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stumbled across this little gem right after Chinese new year. We found it by accident after walking to a few places in the town of Tiluk Nipah. We were only going to stay fir a couple of nights at first in Pangkor but ended up staying for 7 because we liked this place so much.

'Home from home' it says on the sign outside and that's exactly what it is. We can honestly say that we felt like part of the family from the moment we walked in. Anuar and Alicia are extremely genuine caring people and nothing was too much trouble for them.

The accommodation is very clean and maintained to a high standard. Anuar can be seen most days even washing the road outside the guesthouse! The sheets and towels were fresh and the rooms spotless. We stayed on both fan and aircon rooms and both were perfect for us.

The D.I.Y breakfast is a great idea and every day I enjoyed eggs and toast cooked to my liking! This also gave this place a homely feel.

We would definately recommend this place and go out of our way to come back and visit if ever in Malaysia again!

Keep it up guys!

Jake + Danielle

• Stayed February 2011
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

If your heading to Malaysia then try to make a trip to Pangkor. Besides the fact that the beach is gorgeous, the Nipah Guesthouse is the perfect compliment to this beautiful island. The couple that runs it are so nice and helpful. They really go out of their way to make sure your trip is perfect. The rooms are clean and nice. More importantly, this guesthouse offers a comfortable homey feel. I would go back to Pangkor just so I can stay here again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Seoul, Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I recommend anyone traveling to Pangkor Island to stay at this guesthouse. A lovely couple runs the guesthouse, they provide breakfast, free Internet connection and a very comfortable stay. They are the most helpful people when it comes to suggesting a place to eat to helping you figure out how to arrange a taxi to pick you up. They are very friendly and made me feel right at home.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Nipah Guesthouse? Share your experiences!