“Small hotel that aims to please.....” 4 of 5 stars

You added Regalodge Hotel Ipoh to your Saves list
131, Jalan Raja Ekram, Ipoh 30450, Malaysia   |
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Ipoh
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Small hotel that aims to please.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

On arrival to the hotel one would see that it is a relatively small property but it has many hidden unexpected niceties.

Firstly the property has been well maintained. There is parking available in front of the main entrance. In case the parking is full, the parking attendant will request you to park on the main road facing the hotel. The best part is the hotel takes it as their responsibility to place a parking ticket for you on the car every hour until you check out (at no additional cost).

The lobby area has a pleasant aroma once you step in and the staff provide service with a smile. There is a welcome drink and free wifi on every floor including the lobby (impressive for a 3 star hotel).

We booked a few rooms as we were travelling in a group. We booked 2 types of rooms. The executive room is a more spacious room and includes a couch and a DVD player. The standard room has been recently renovated. Eventhough the room is small but the cleanliness and deco more than makes up for this. Another surprising thing is besides the standard tea/coffee and mineral water provided by most hotels, this establishment provides a few can drinks and some snacks as compliments.

Breakfast is optional and is on ale-carte basis. Breakfast is at the Limestone restaurant on the ground floor.

The nice thing about this hotel was they took the effort to provide additional service to the guests. Eventhough these items come at a relatively low cost but they have chosen to differentiate themself from some of the other hotels and make the stay memorable.

Room Tip: The second floor walkway and rooms have been renovated recently.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear LiveNet Live,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you so much for your excellent rating of our cleanliness, comfy bedroom and our friendly caring services and facilities. I am delighted to learn that our staffs served you well during your stay with us.

Your comments on our staffs recognition which is really appreciate and thank you for your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Ipoh. Until then, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!

Regalodge Hotel Ipoh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

we stay there coz it says it is near to "fushan" restaurant, not so near actually but by walking distance. it's a clean and standard hotel. the beverage n tidbits in the fridge are free. it's very sweet of them. they provide white coffee and white tehtarik too. if have chance, we will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Halukolee,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh

Thank you for your kind comments. It is really nice to hear when we succeeded in making our guests happy and having positive experiences while staying with us.

With the team at Regalodge, we are grateful for your time in sharing with us and we look forward
to welcoming you back again.

Have a fantastic Festive season and Happy New Year 2013!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Enjoyed my stay here while on a short trip to Ipoh. Decided on this hotel after all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor.

I must say that the level of service is really high...it is exceptional. Many 5 star hotels cannot match the level of customer service they provide here at the hotel. At every corner, at any time, staff will greet you with a pleasant "Hello" or "Good Morning". I was parking my car and the staff will run over to help direct me with the parking. If it rains and they see you coming out....they are there ready with the umbrella. You, the customer..will feel appreciated when staying at this hotel. That is what I felt.

The rooms were good, minimal but adequate, considering the price. We had snacks and soft drinks, complimentary from the hotel (not just the water and coffee set, mind you).LCD TV with adequate channels (HBO, FOX tv, BBC, etc).

The hotel is a little hard to find because of the lack of signage, and the fact that the hotel is dwarfed by a taller neighbor. If you are driving to the hotel...head towards the town center and look for Hotel Excelsior or Tower Regency Hotel. These 2 hotels have high floors and you can spot them for afar. Regalodge is actually next to Tower Regency. Parking could be an issue if they are fully booked. There was barely enough parking when I stayed over. Parking is available outside hotel compound as well....though I am not too sure about the safety.

The hotel location was ideal for jogging as well. I managed to get a short run of around 30 mins around the hotel (2 rounds). Pedestrian walkway and the low traffic on weekends make it ideal for a run.

The hotel is near a few famous eateries...which I found out later. You can actually walk over if you are ambitious...or take a short drive. At night, there is really nothing much to do around the hotel. Most of the eateries are closed (or not to my liking). I also noticed a few pubs and western restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

The breakfast at the hotel is with a different concept, not your normal buffet style. I did enjoy breakfast, even though the 1st day the food was a little cold when it did arrive.

Overall, a really good experience. Try it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Avineshdev,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for choosing to stayed with us and we appreciated your acknowledgment on our
staffs who had all served you well throughout your stay with us. Undoubtedly, our staffs are
the biggest assets with our friendly and strong team working either at the front or back of
the hotel. We maybe small but we are personalize with our service.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused for locating us and we presently reconstructing new maps in our website from the 3 exit to Ipoh from the North South Highway for the convenience of first time visitors to Ipoh.

We assures you the next visit to our restaurant for breakfast the food will be hot and we
apologize for the incident.

We look forward to your return perhaps for a longer period to enjoy our services and Ipoh

Mount Gambier, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'm back here again. Every time I come to Malaysia I visit Ipoh to run with the hash house harriers and I stay in this hotel. I don't know how the management do it but they have trained the staff to perfection. Everyone speaks and smiles, helps you and even runs after you with an umbrella in the rain. I don't eat here as Ipoh street food and the proximity of world class dim sum make it unnecessary. The rooms are very clean and size is OK even with extra bed in. Free sat TV channels, water, pot noodles and potato chips make this reasonably priced hotel excellent value for money. I hope too many people don't discover this hotel or it'll be full next time I want to stay here. Only one gripe and it's the same as last time: The New Straits Times delivered free to your room is only good for tearing into squares and using in the toilet. It is blatant BN propaganda and sneering at the West on almost every page. I'd rather have the Star, slightly less biased. I'm sure this newspaper pisses off a lot of foreign and local guests. Maybe the hotel is owned by UMNO/MCA/MIC? ha ha ha!
In overall value for money terms this has got to be one of the best hotels in the world!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Bomoh,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh

We were delighted you were staying with us once again. Your positive rating of the hotel, our staffs, services and facilities are most appreciated.

We are glad in general our staffs are friendly, helpful and indeed they are empowered to provide caring, efficient and friendly service.

We certainly looking forward to your return and to be of service to you once again. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was a guest at the hotel recently and from the moment we checked in we know we will enjoy our stay at this hotel as the staff was so friendly. . Unfortunately not even half an hour later, I heard some noise coming from the entrance as though someone was forcing his one in.I then opened the door and there was this housekeeping staff trying to pry and force open the door but he could not as I had used the chain lock. I told him off the least he could do was to actually knock and not use the master keys to force his way in! However I doubt he understood what I said and he made his way to the toilet. I stood there and watched what he actually wanted to do that was so urgent and he only wiped the sink and went off sheepishly!!
I am sure the housekeeping staff have been trained to knock and not just barge in as you will never know if the situation warrants this!!

However we enjoyed oour stay overall if not for this 'intruder'.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear shirlyccs,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for the inconvenience caused over the issue relating to our Room Attendance. We continue to encourage guests to bring to our attention whilst-in -house so we have the opportunity to address them personally and hopefully can turn things around.

After reading your review, we had immediately investigated the matter. The staff concerned did knocked on your room door maybe too soft you might not heard it. Without realizing you have occupied the room, he wanted to checked the room he cleaned earlier in tip top condition before his Superior on the routine inspection. He thought the door lock was jammed when he used the key to opened it and suddenly you opened the door and he got panic and lost of words and he find excuses for his mistakes.

Please kindly rest assured, we will take corrective action that this will not recur.

We thank you for your constructive feedback as this assists us towards achieving consistent, caring and excellent service standards. We hope you will decide to allow us in welcoming you and your family to Regalodge again.

Best Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here one night recently. My Executive Suite was a fair size and clean, with wifi, iron and ironing board and some light snacks. However, the bathroom was small and the decor was dated. For the price, this is a decent place to stay in Ipoh.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DixonChai, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear dbasha,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for wrote us a feedback to shared us your experience.

Overall, I hope you had a pleasant stay with us. Our pleasure to have you stay with us again. Me and my teams look forward the opportunity to welcoming you at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, whenever leisure or business bring you back to Ipoh again!

Thanks and Regards,

Dixon Chai
Assistant General Manager
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Unfortunately I slept here for just one night. The hotel is pretty central, but we didn't want to visit Ipoh. Had to wake up early to visit the wonderful Cameron Highlands.
It's a beautiful structure from outside. The lobby was simple. The rooms not that big, but clean and nicely furnished. The toilette was very clean too. The lady at the reception was very friendly and helpful with her information.
I had a nice time in here. May be the best hotel in my Malaysia trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear realrv6,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for the compliment and shared us your experience.

Delighted to learn that you had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly is our services as well as the cleanliness in the room had met up to your expectations.

I hope you will had the chance to visit Ipoh again. Me and my teams look forward the opportunity to welcoming you at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh. Thank you and have a nice day!

Thanks and Regards,

Dixon Chai
Assistant General Manager
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh

Been to Regalodge Hotel Ipoh? Share your experiences!