“Perfect, new hotel for the whole family” 4 of 5 stars

Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Lim Bo Seng, Ipoh 30000 , Malaysia   |
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Ipoh
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Perfect, new hotel for the whole family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

After spending the whole day at Lost World of Tambun, our family trip consisting almost 20 pax adjourned to Kinta Riverfront Hotel. The hotel is very new, clean and near to the city center. We booked 2, 3 room apartment which was very comfortable and clean. There's also a bar at the lobby level where you can have few drinks. Overall, good place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

just checked in- have no word to describe. Read all the previous reviews and yes, it's true. If u have extra money, get other hotel.

Staff looks not to friendly, Extra bed, dirty blanket, dirty leftover were along the hall way, not been pick up. Shortage of workforce maybe?

Room is out of my expectation.

• Stayed September 2012
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am not surprised as to why Kinta Riverfront has not received an excellent star review from any of its guests thus far! Personally, I had the displeasure of two horrific experiences within a mere 4 month period. My first such experience was when I booked a hotel room and 3 bedroom apartment for myself, husband and family members. As a newlywed in June, I had confirmed a 2 night stay for all of us. Unfortunately, in the evening of our first day here, our “pleasant” stay was threatened, when we were told by Reception to vacate our room by 12pm the following day, in other words an oversight of a 2 day booking. My husband had to rush to the receptionist in a desperate attempt to straighten out matters. Whilst he was ensuring that we were not left roofless, my sister in-law and I were getting ready for an event. To our utter dismay, a maintenance/housekeeping staff suddenly accessed our room without even the simple courtesy of knocking! Mind you, this happened more than twice. At all times, the staff hastily closed the hotel room door, lacking apology for the blunder, after realizing guests were still in the room! My cousin who had made a booking as well, had to repeatedly and finally with a very firm tone, convinced the receptionist/housekeeping service personnel, that the 3 room apartment she was assigned to, was not cleaned and in a mess when she first opened the door.

My second bad experience was on 27th September 2012; when I called Kinta Riverfront to book a 3 room apartment. On our second visit, on 15th of September 2012, we paid RM318.00 for the same. Today, I am told that the “actual” rate is RM430.00++ (corporate rate). As confused as I am on the sudden hike of price within the same month, I query on the RM318.00 rate. I was told that this is the price for a two bedroom apartment. Puzzled, I probe further to learn that on the 2nd visit, apparently I was booked for 14th September 2012, for a 2 bedroom apartment; but since I arrived on the 15th, it’s the policy of Kinta Riverfront to upgrade the guests to a 3 bedroom apartment, especially since there were no available 2 bedroom units at the price of the latter!

Again I am bewildered. I believe that if one has booked for a particular day and does not show up, the booking will be cancelled automatically and any deposit forfeited. Why would the hotel upgrade me? Surprise, surprise! Bazilah, representing Kinta Riverfront, confidently tells me that “YES, it’s the hotel policy to do so!”. Is the hotel trying to cover up an error in my reservations? Or is the hotel rewarding guests who do not conform to their bookings and arrive at later dates? This unpleasant conversation transpired with the not so customer friendly Bazilah, on September 27th, 2012 approximately 12.05pm today.
For me it should be very simple. If Kinta Riverfront made a mistake previously, all they had to do was apologize. Instead they irritated me extensively. At first, I was willing to put my dissatisfaction aside (when I encountered the terrible experience in June). With today’s experience, I think the public should be made aware of the possible horrific experiences that may come their way, from the inefficiencies of the staff of Kinta Riverfront.

I can chalk up that my experience with Kinta Riverfront is by far the worst. I have traveled overseas and locally many a times, but never ever have I experienced this before. The management of Kinta Riverfront should seriously look into this matter! Bazilah herself told me to go ahead and post my complaint online simply because she was not patient enough to handle a dissatisfied, frustrated and highly disappointed customer. And the truth of the matter is, I would have easily settled for a “sorry”!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
KL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went with colleague. The list of horrid experience are endless
1. The access card is faulty kept locking the person out of the door every time we went out and tried to come back again
2. So new the smell of the paint is evident , gave my colleague a headache as she can't stand the smell.Requested for change of room not attended to.
3. The lift are not in sync.
4. The room service are not prompt, the room are half kept half unkept. Goodness!! Call to housekeeping was unattended to.
5. Electricity blackout suddenly.

One word describe the experience : Terrible!

Room Tip: Don't go, save yourself the stress.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

On our trips back to Ipoh, we hv been hard pressed to find a decent hotel which met budget and was clean. So when we saw that this was a new hotel, we thought it couldn't be bad. The minute walked into the apartment, it was clear that service and cleanliness was the least of the hotel's concern.

Firstly, the bell boy pushed the luggage trolley right into the hall with his shoes on. Never mind that, there was hair and dead insects on the floor on the floor. Asking him to call housekeeping, he mumbled something about pressing 1 on the phone, of which only returned a dead tone. Walking barefooted on the floor made the soles of our feet black and that night, I spent the night feeding bed bugs. My daughter woke up with bites on her back and face.

I will never return to this hotel again. Housekeeping never turned up, the electrIc kettle leaked, which is actually dangerous when water was boiling. I guess I will hv to keep on looking elsewhere for somewhere decent in Ipoh.

• Stayed August 2012
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Facilities are new and therefore appreciated. Don't expect exceptional hotel experiences since Ipoh is quite a quiet little city famous for it's food rather than having any 5 star hotels for the tourist to bask in. It is simply just not that kind of a city. If you have an acute eye for finishing of construction or design, you will find certain things to be quirky or out of place. Hotel food is average. There is enough to do if you want to go to the the gym, swimming pool, or just have tea and sandwiches by the pool and watch your favorite sports channel. I will stay here again simply because it is still the newest brick on the block.

Room Tip: Higher river front floors (7 or >) would be quieter for a peaceful night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was there for 2 nights and staying in a 2-room apartment. The apartment looks new and still can see some renovations in the progress. You can see lot of China-made products in the apartment which made the overall standard and quality low. The staff were good but I think they need more training as they are not familiar with their products and packages offered. The hotel location is a bit far from the Ipoh town and you might need car to travel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!