“Swiss Garden Resort and Spa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan

You added Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan to your Saves list
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2656 & 2657, Mukim Sungai Karang | Balok Beach, Beserah, Kuantan 26100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Kuantan
Kuala Lumpur
“Swiss Garden Resort and Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Really enjoyed our recent trip to this hotel. The place is quiet and very reasonably priced. Both of our rooms were upgraded from deluxe to suites on arrival to do building work but we neither saw or heard any building going on. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and courteous. There is a decent sized swimming pool for younger children and a separate one for adults and older children and the hotel is situated on a lovely and quiet stretch of beach that is perfect for early morning or late afternoon strolls. The Chinese restaurant on site (The Blossom) does extremely nice food and the lady who served us (Stephanie) was very willing to go the extra mile, even sending ice cream and chocolates to our room for our daughter after our meal free of charge. A lovely touch. I'm not sure what else there is to do in the Kuantan area but there are activities available for booking at the hotel in the form of excursions and day trips. We were only there for 2 days but will definitely be coming back again very soon. Many thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
RayanKomatt, General Manager at Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Swiss garden Resort and spa kuantan. We are indeed extremely happy that you have enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. The beach and the pool are the key focal points of our guests stay at the Hotel and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the Swiss garden Resort and Spa on your next visit to kuantan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I came with my husband, mom and my sister to experience the resort. We stayed in sea view connecting rooms with overlooking the big pools and partly the beach. We were here for a short trip and it was during an off peak season so it was not crowded. Love it's ambience, very relaxing and the clean long stretch beach was so beautiful and serene. The rooms are spacious and the staffs are friendly and efficient. Also, it's a wheelchair friendly hotel and that makes us more happy and comfortable to push my sister's wheelchair around. We will definitely come back here, with more family members. A perfect place to relax and unwind. For dinner, about 4mins drive to the right, there is a restaurant called Sara Thai Kitchen, highly recommended

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
RayanKomatt, General Manager at Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to write on your stay at our Resort during your recent trip to Kuantan. Your feedback on the friendly and efficient services provided by our staff is indeed a step forward in our quest to be the best 4 star resort in the east coast.
Our beach had been recently enhanced with the addition of a rubble wall to give more privacy to our guests.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Swiss garden Resort and Spa during your next trip to Kuantan.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My family and I (2 adults, a teenager and a 10 year old boy) stayed in this hotel from 23-25 March 2014 during the school holidays. The stay was very pleasant. Checking in and out was a breeze and the Ms Shima at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Another staff, named Jess was very helpful and friendly as well. We enjoyed the dine-in-room experience when we ordered the Swiss Garden Pizza which came with a large pizza, a bottle of coca-cola, six delicious friend chicken and a plate of pasta - enough for all 4 of us.

The pool was clean although there were many people using it. Unfortunately, some patrons chose to swim in their T-shirts and pants and were not stopped by the pool guards. The practice of exchanging vouchers for pool towels should be abandoned as it was very inconvenient as we kept forgetting to bring along the vouchers to the pool.

The transfer to East Coast Mall was pleasant. Unfortunately we found out that ECM was under renovation on reaching the venue. The hotel should have informed us of this because then we might have chosen to go elsewhere for shopping.

The gym was well equipped although several of the exercise machines were out of order. Nevertheless, I managed to get some quality workout time as the gym was not crowded.

The dim sum at the Chinese restaurant was really good. I highly recommend it.

The room was clean and room service was prompt and responsive. When we first checked in, the bathroom was smelly because of the unclean shower curtain. However, the prompt room service lady changed it and after that it was alright. The safe failed to lock properly and so we had to carry our precious belongings with us all the time. I like the balcony with chairs and table as well as a place to hang our wet clothing. Not many hotels have this.

The beach is really nice, Clean and soft fine sand. None of us had any sand fly bites.

Overall, we had a great time in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Swiss garden Resort and Spa during your recent visit to Kuantan. We thank you for the positive feedback on our staff especially Jess, our Guest Services Manager who is an integral team member at the Hotel. The in room dining experience, with the addition of the Swiss Box was designed with the family in mind and we are appreciative that you had enjoyed this family set meal.
We have also noted your feedback on the dress code at the poolside and remedial measures will be enforced to ensure there is no repetition.
Once again thank you for staying with us and we do look forward to meet up with you during your next stay in Kuantan.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I went back to the hotel after many years, almost 12years. Its very different and I like it.
I was single during my last visit but now I visit with my family member. It done make a huge different experience. We stayed there last week (4-6 April 2014) and its was a very relaxing vacation for us. Me and my hubby wanted to get away from stressful city life and spend quality time with our 2 boys (aged 5 & 7). Our check in process doesn't take much time and their staff was very nice. Upon check in, we relaxed and went for a long walk along the beach. After that our kids had good time building sand castle and playing along the beach. We had our dinner at Pak Su seafood restaurant as recommended by friend. Honestly its was good and no regret.
Next morning our breakfast in the hotel was good. I found my kids favourite local fried mee hoon and toast bread. My hubby and myself enjoyed our breakfast. I notice a leaflet in my room which mention some activities for kids at pool area around 10am. I waited for 10minutes but no sign of the activity, so I went to their activity room and checked with staff on duty who was very kind to say that they will have it in the activity room. He gave some animal pictures and pencil colours to my boys. They were happy and busy colouring the pictures and later played carom which was placed in next room. In this second room, they had Carom boards and congkak sets (tradisional malay game) and ping pong boards. The infant/children play area is very basic and clean. They do have the pool and video games for olders children and teenagers. (coins to purchase from staff at gym). My kids easily spend 2 hours with the games and activities. Batik painting is available for those interested and only cost your RM20 per set.
The children pool area was safe and my kids had great time there. The jacuzzi at the pool was not so great as per my husband as its not so strong. On second day we went to teluk cempedak and had KFC for lunch (kids request :) ). After lunch we went for a talk along the shops which sells souvenirs and snacks. The McD corner facing beach was very good. They even had activities for children at beach area (Payable).
On sunday morning we spend our time at beach for almost 2hours and 2 more hours at pool before checking out.
Overall, we had great time watching our kids having fun and enjoying themselves. Both myself and hubby were glad to choose the right place to spend our weekend. We will come back in near future.

Restaurants around Swiss Garden
1) Pak Su Restaurant : Good Food / nice place and fast service. (Turn left from swiss garden)
2) Beserah Seafood : Nice Food (Turn left from swiss garden)
3) Ana Ikan Bakar Petai :(Malay Seafood Restaurant). Food was good but the ikan bakar took long time to arrive. The ikan bakar was too sweet for my taste.
4) Teluk Chempedak have lots of choice for food (McD/ KFC/ Burger King/ Starbuck/ Local Food Court)

Room Tip: Those couples request for room facing sea, please opt for higher floor as the swimming pool noisy du...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive feedback during your recent stay at the Swiss Garden Resort and Spa Kuantan. We truly appreciate that you had a memorable experience and we do hope that you would make the Swiss Garden Resort and Spa the choice Hotel when you are in Kuantan.
kuala terengganu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I went there on January 2014 with my husband. I need a place to de-stress and just to relax my mind after an extremely stressful week at work. I chose this resort because it has a private beach and it is quite far away from the city. Just what i wanted. No other distraction other than just to unwind and be free.

What was so special about our getaway:

1. The private beach right at the back of the hotel is the most relaxing beach i have ever encountered. With a lot of trees around the area, it is not sizzling hot and you can sit around the beach area forever and indulge of the breezy wind and the scenery. It was literally a therapy on its own!!

2. SPA- I definitely love the spa a lot!!! i had a very severe headache before i went to the spa. I took the hair treatment, facial, body massage and a pedicure. The price was quite expensive in my opinion. The body massage was nice but it can be improved. The pedicure was not up to my standard but the hair treatment was the BOMB! I dont really care what it did to my hair but what it did to my headache and my head was HEAVEN. after the treatment, I was feeling so rejuvenated and stress free. It is a MUST for you to get the hair treatment there.

3. You can have a long walk by the beach especially early in the morning and it was so magical that it reminds me of all good things in my life.

4. The breakfast was quite OK but could be improved. I dont have much problem with the breakfast.

So Ladies, save your money for all those therapy sessions if you are so stressed out. Just come to this place with your love ones and you will go home like a new person.

Will definitely come back with my whole family next time!

Room Tip: choose a room facing the beach and at the 3rd or fourth floor. U will get to see the most beautiful...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RayanKomatt, General Manager at Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for the positive feedback during your stay at the Swiss Garden Resort and Spa Kuantan. It is indeed very motivating that you have enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and also on your feed back on the beach which is the highlight of our guests stay. The beach had been enhanced with the addition of a rubble wall which gives added privacy to the beach. The focal point is the sunrise in the early morning which is truly rejuvenating and very relaxing.
My team is indeed happy that you had enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Swiss Garden Kuantan on your next visit.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

All you need to know about the hotel and kuantan in general if you read below

you can take a budget taxi from the airport to the hotel for 50 MYR, the ride takes roughly 40/50 mins

There are no money exchange in the airport so you better have MYR when you arrive as they wont accept any other currency, there is also one ATM machine in the airport if you had no choice

We booked a sea-view room which was located in the 4th floor " Top Floor ", we had a nice view with partial sea view cos of all the trees surrounding the resort. I would recommend here that you book just the pool view as the sea view would not be what you expect, and if you want, you can always upgrade if you find my words not true

The room we had is very well sized and in general, in good condition. The aircon works well, only bad thing is the room service, they tend to tidy up and not really clean the room ..

The tv has a variety of movie and news channels in English

The staff are very friendly and helpful and always smiling, special thanks to Kamal who is the bell man who gave me all the info of where and how to go

They supply 2 bottles of mineral water everyday and you have a water station next to the pool if you need any more water, for free .. They also supply daily newspaper in the morning

The pool was nice and somehow warm, the kids one, I am not sure if the water gets filtered cos I didn't see it moving

The beach is not private but you have your own sunbeds

There are daily activities but again, not allot were showing up for them to take part but I done some of them

They have a games room for children and teens with pool and video games, they also have a good sized gym

They have 2 free hour internet vouchers that you need to obtain from the reception, you can get as many as you want but I thought its very inconvenient having to go to the reception every time I needed to log in and internet was defiantly inadequate and should be much better in terms of coverage and speed

the restaurant is a bit small, they have both outdoor and indoor dining. The breakfast is of good variety and I think it would please anyone but I do have to mention that the service in the restaurants should improve as it takes them allot of time to take plates from the table or replace the food from the buffet

I tried the blossom which is a Chinese restaurant, tried few dishes' and they were all nice. Prices range between 15-30 MYR for a plate

I also tried their sea food glore which is a open dinner buffet 75 MYR/ person inc. TAX but its half price for seniors. It was beautiful, with so much variety of food including crab, shrimps and other meat dish's ..

Just across the hotel, there is a local restaurant called Yala Yala, which provides sea food at a very reasonable price 6 MYR for plate and 25 MYR for a fish ( you can always bargin with the price of fish ) and the fried sea food rice is just amazing

The hotel provides free shuttle to kuantan city at 11am and 1 pm and return at 4 pm

they drop you at a mall called east cost mall which is a modern mall where you can find shops, supermarket, food court, cinema, music box ( Karaoke you must try )

Again, there is no money exchange in east coast mall, and if you want one then you have to walk to a mall called " Mega Mall " which is less than 10 mins walk from east coast mall

In general, Most of the people speak English and you wont find any problems getting around

Transport back to the hotel from the city with a taxi will cost you around 30 MYR

If you need to go to the city without using the shuttle, just walk outside the hotel and take a taxi for 10 MYR only ( going to the city is priced differently then coming back )

There is a place called Teluk Chempedak which worth the visit, very beautiful beach and scenery with few fast food and normal restaurants

There is also a night market that they have every sat but I wasn't so happy

Overall, I was happy with the hotel and my stay and it was pleasant .. Make sure you take anti mosquito spray

Hope this helped, contact me if you need any more info

I also have a taxi's drivers number who speaks English and was very reasonable when it came to pricing

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RayanKomatt, General Manager at Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Swiss garden Resort and Spa Kuantan. It is truly motivating for the staff to know that you had enjoyed your stay at the Resort and we have also noted on your special mention of Kamal who is truly an asset for us. We have also noted on your comments regarding the pool which is filtered and also periodic backwashing is carried out to ensure that the pool is always maintained in pristine condition.
We will also look at the services mentioned that requires attention.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This room has awesome beach for the kids. The swimming pool is adequate and fun enough but does not have the fancy slides etc

Room is comfortable.. It is quite an old hotel but probably recently updated.

Many activities such as games room and kids club but these facilities look as though they are not being well kept

The spa was good. Had a relaxing treatment there

Food during breakfast was pretty good eventhough there were so many people. Variety of choices for everyone.

There are also many restaurants nearby if you do not want to eat hotel food

Would recommend for a short getaway for families with young children.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Swiss Garden Resort and Spa Kuantan. We are indeed honoured that you have enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and we have also noted on your feed back on areas of improvement especially the kids club.
We are currently in the process of upgrading the kids club as part of our ongoing enhancement projects.
Thank you once again for making us your choice Resort in Kuantan.

Been to Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan? Share your experiences!