We stayed in this hotel for three nights with our two daughters (13 years of age) in July 2013 while enjoying our vacation in Malaysia. The hotel is situated 12 kilometers from the centre of Kuantan.
Behind the luxury façade of the entrance, there is in fact an old worn-out hotel. We stayed in a family room apartment. This apartment has a surface of approximately 60 sq meters. The living room is has a flat screen television. It has an additional bedroom with two beds, in some of the family rooms without any windows. The rooms were not very clean and furniture was outdated. At the moment of our stay, some of the apartments were being renovated; let’s hope the bathrooms will be part of this renovation as well. Some tiles were broken and the bathtub was plugged, but this was taken care of after we complained about it. Renovation should have been carried out a couple of years earlier! There were some stains (moist) in the bath, but the apartment is cleaned daily. Last but not least, the rooms were very noisy. Everything happening in the hallway could be heard in the hotel rooms. Sleeping was almost impossible. We complained about this noisiness at the front-desk and got another family room. Much better, in respect to the noise, but still with the worn-out furniture. A free WIFI connection is available in the lobby, but the quality is very poor according to European standards. Wi-Fi in the hotel room is possible, but there is an additional charge for this. In respect to the safety: There are sprinklers in the main room and separate bedroom, but there a no fire-detectors in place. Escape routes are clearly indicated.
The hotel has a large pool of approximately 20 x 10 meters, with a depth of 1.5 meter. There is a shallow part, suited for children who cannot swim.
In summary: If you would like to stay in a affordable hotel in Kuantan, but not in the centre this place might be what you are looking for, although we had the feeling it is definitely overpriced given the outdated furniture and other annoyances. Let’s hope, the renovation that is going on will improve the overall quality. As the situation is at this moment (july 2013) I would suggest to look for another place, despite all efforts of the staff to make your stay enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sky, sea and sun provide a peaceful backdrop to a landscape so alluring it stirs the emotions. The vivid colours of nature's palette glow in the soft tropical light accenting the purity of air, water and land. From the colors of the sunset, to soothing air greeting you with a warm embrace; the newly refurbished Swiss- Garden Beach Resort, Kuantan, offers sensual delights at every turn with the recent completion of its refurbishment exercise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Garden Resort And Spa
- Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuantan