I pre-booked this resort through the hotel website (http://www.swissgardenkuantan.com). The confirmation email saw an increase in the price advertised and a downgrade of the room booked. I raised this with reception on check-in and was told that bookings through the website were handled by a 3rd party. The hotel happily accepted the booking but takes no responsibility for the 3rd party. I asked them to check the advertised fee online, but amazingly reception has no internet.
The rooms are old, poorly furnished with the a/c and lights not working correctly. The cleaners must be blind as there were the previous occupants underwear in the middle of the floor when we checked in. The restaurant struggles to cope with guests at breakfast
The pool is good and the location right on the beach is great.
I think this hotel would have been great 10 - 15 years ago, but now does not deserve the 4-star ranking
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sky, sea and sun provide a peaceful backdrop to a landscape so alluring it stirs the emotions. The vivid colours of nature's palette glow in the soft tropical light accenting the purity of air, water and land. From the colors of the sunset, to soothing air greeting you with a warm embrace; the newly refurbished Swiss- Garden Resort & Spa, Kuantan (SGRSK), offers sensual delights at every turn with the recent completion of its refurbishment exercise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, Venere and Otel so you can book your Swiss-Garden Resort & Spa Kuantan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Garden Resort And Spa
- Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuantan