We spent three days in Kuantan in early June Andrew picked the Swiss Garden because they had interconnecting rooms available at a decent price at short notice. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are a bit dated but clean. Amenities aren't the best, but the basics are provided.
They have a large pool, which they managed to keep clean despite the school-holiday rush. Service by the pool is pretty basic - we got our cocktails in take-away coffee cups! - but it's great for the kids have a super time. The beach is wonderful, perhaps the best feature of the resort, but there's no service out there and the loungers are in pretty poor shape. There's no hassle, though, from vendors or touts pushing activities or goodies in your face. Nice and peaceful. The spa (called Samsara, I think) was also okay. At RM340 for an hour massage for both the wife and I, it wasn't expensive for a hotel, decent service, acceotable facilities, but it wasn't the best massage I've ever had, either.
The breakfast isn't fantastic, but it's pretty good. There's a decent mix of western and Asian food, they'll do eggs for you how you want them and there's plenty of fresh fruit. It was very busy, though, so we were left to fend for ourselves a bit, even though the staff tried hard to keep up with everyone. The coffee is awful, though. Industrial lukewarm brown liquid in a large metal "tank" with a tap. You get the idea?
Food is pretty decent and reasonably priced. For us, the highlight was the Chinese restaurant, which was great, with attentive and knowledgeable staff. The barbecue buffet dinner is something we should have given a miss.
All in all, decent quality, good service, great location. For the price, I couldn't have asked for more.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuantan
- Swiss-Garden Resort And Spa
- Swiss-Garden Hotel
- Swiss Garden Hotel Kuantan
- Swiss Garden Hotel
- Swiss Garden Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sky, sea and sun provide a peaceful backdrop to a landscape so alluring it stirs the emotions. The vivid colours of nature's palette glow in the soft tropical light accenting the purity of air, water and land. From the colors of the sunset, to soothing air greeting you with a warm embrace; the newly refurbished Swiss- Garden Resort & Spa, Kuantan (SGRSK), offers sensual delights at every turn with the recent completion of its refurbishment exercise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, HostelWorld, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Swiss-Garden Resort & Spa Kuantan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.