“Nice hotel but Disappointed with the Services” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan

You added Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan to your Saves list
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2656 & 2657, Mukim Sungai Karang | Balok Beach, Beserah, Kuantan 26100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Kuantan
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Nice hotel but Disappointed with the Services”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I had to come down to Kuantan for important matter and had decided to stay for the night at this resort. My wife had been to this resort years ago with good review so we look forward for really good time there.

We had called the reservation desk earlier of the day, in the morning actually, to make our reservation. However the person who was attending to our call mentioned there were plenty of rooms available so we were assured and want us to just walk in and we can get the room that we want. We were also been assured there was best rate for the deluxe sea view room king bed. Sounds good for us as we were busy with many matters to attend in KL and later Kuantan in the same day.

We arrived at the resort around 7 p.m., straight to the reception desk to enquire about room
availability and to check in. there were several people in the queue and it takes like 15 minutes or so per pax. mind you it was warm and no fans around there, we were sweating. at last it was
our turn and when we enquire and request for the room that we want (deluxe sea view room king
bed), we were told they were none available. Even for 2 single bed sea view was very limited.
No best rate either for them - we were annoyed and we told the front desk person on our
conversation with the resort earlier in the morning, she denied the best rate was 'no longer' available but can give us. She asked us whether we were contacting the right resort and in some
way wants us to prove it! We showed to her the phone number of the resort that we got from the
website (yes, Swiss Garden Kuantan website, not agency or whatsoever website) only then she
seems to believe but still not explaining to us, like to show it's our fault entirely. Tired and deeply
annoyed, we settled with deluxe garden room view and asked for the room Wi-Fi ID and
password, which was chargeable and we agreed to be charged.

The room was nice and clean, having the amenities as expected. Found out later few electrical
plug points were out of order. Maintenance team should take note to repair them. After
coming inside the room my wife wants to get online, try to log in the room Wi-Fi using to ID and
password given but the hotel Internet access website mentioned it has either expired or need to
be activated. We thought maybe some glitches that can be sorted out later as we were looking
ahead for dinner.

After having our dinner at the resort restaurant, which was very good BBQ buffet, and returned
to our room, my wife tried again on the Wi-Fi and still gave the same problem. gave a call to
front desk to inform about the Wi-Fi and see what they can do to rectify it. When my wife told her
the problem was first observed when she tried to log in after getting into the room (like 2 hours
before we were done with our dinner), the front desk person asked us why we never informed
them when we first encounter the problem and ask u to come over to front desk to get new ID
and password. Like really, does checking the Wi-Fi and quickly report any problem about it was
the most important thing to do when checking in to a hotel room? and then asking us to go all the
way to reception to get all those stuff, at around 11 p.m.? we just told her to cancel the Wi-Fi and doze off after a tiring and annoying day.

Room sound insulation was not that good as we can hear noises and sounds from adjacent room and the club downstair.

The resort does have the ambient, facilities, tidy up keeping and cleanliness. However, either the
work procedure/process or staff attitude is disappointing. If the Resort Management really appreciate the good location, nice pool and facilities they have, please sort out these issues seriously so they would not turn away potential guests.

Room Tip: get sea view room. Get room further away from the bar/club - very noisy at night time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RayanKomatt, General Manager at Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Sir,
We are indeed truly upset at the experience that you had endured during your check in at the Swiss Garden especially as you had booked the deluxe sea view room king.
We have also noted your feed back on the internet and also on certain plug points that were not functioning.
We have taken corrective measures to improve on these areas and we do sincerely apologize and rest assured that this incidents will not happen again. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and look forward to meet up with you during your next stay in Kuantan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Indonesian first
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We came and had a look at the Swiss Garden Resort before moving from the hotel we were staying at in Cherating. It was no problem for the staff to show us a couple of room choices and let us have a look around the grounds. I booked on line the morning of our planned move and check in was a breeze. We booked a deluxe sea view room and we were given a room on the top floor (4th floor). The room is spacious with a king size comfy bed, large bathroom with full height mirror, bathroom amenities even include toothbrushes. 2 bottles of water provided daily plus the usual tea/coffee, in room safe, movie channel on the tv, complimentary shuttle bus into Kuantan, our room rate includes complimentary in-room wifi and buffet breakfast. Breakfast each morning is great - choice of sitting outside opposite pool area or inside in air-conditioning - omlette station is yum and so to is the ample choices of other hot food, cereal, bakery items, fruits etc. The resort backs on to Balok Beach and has a large swimming pool, spa and large kiddies pool. It is very pleasant sitting around the pool which is where I will be tomorrow. We had the seafood buffet dinner on our first night here and it was excellent. We have also used the gym facilities and they have a few cardio machines and a good range of weight bearing equipment also. There are a few restaurants across the road for variety if required. The resort is situated midway between Cherating and Kuantan with easy access to both by taxi around 30-40myr to Kuantan and around 50myr to Cherating. I cannot fault the Swiss Garden Resort - the staff are all professional, friendly and helpful. They also have a "spa" Samsara Sap which I hope to visit for a massage tomorrow afternoon. We are loving our stay here and I am sure you will too. Will put photos on when we return to Australia.

Room Tip: Deluxe Seaview rooms are great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RayanKomatt, General Manager at Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for selecting Swiss Garden Resort and Spa Kuantan as your choice hotel during your current stay in Kuantan.
We will gladly share your compliments on the services with our associates who would be delighted to have delivered to your expectations and will continue to do so during your stay here. we are delighted that you have enjoyed our breakfast buffet and have currently also added local specialities like Nasi Dagang to have some east coast traditional items also served. Thank you also for extending your stay here and we certainly look forward to your continous support and more return visits from you in the near future.
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was rainy day. So, no swimming activity. They assigned us to the room next to the pub. It was so noisy at night. My kids can't sleep til 12 midnight. Their front desk team should observe if the guests are on family trip or not.

Room Tip: If you are on family vacation, I would love to suggest you to ask them to assign room far from their...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Been to this resort many times. Impressive lobby setting, friendly and helpful staff at frontdesk. But the room was just so ordinary, old bedding, very sandy floor, very limited tv channels, and mouldy minibar. The dining experience was just the fill-up-your-stomach-and-go type. The (only) plus point is the hotel location, it has its private beach and it is quite near town center too ( by car of course). Good food in town, and relax on the beach. That's why for me going to kuantan means staying in this hotel, for sure. Highly recommended for family with kids travel, not good for the hygienic freaks.

Room Tip: What good room? Just get up earlier and head to the beach for a good view of sunrise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I reached the hotel late mid night and stayed for a night with my wife. although it has lready pass mid night, the staff warmly welcome us. The room setting was nice and clean. The next morning was so refressing to see the rising sun from our room. Sadly I have to check out right after the nice fullfilling breakfast for work without able to enjoy the hotel facility and the beach. Definitely will try to fine another opportunity to stay again in this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Klang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My first time to Kuantan is because my first job company trip.
The hotel is very comfortable when you are going to the lobby, I very love
the view of there and the breakfast of hotel.
But so far the room I stayed is 2 of single bed in a room, i feel is not bad for the
renovation of the room, can consider to stay with Swiss Garden Kuantan.
Come to enjoy it with the breakfast and the swimming pool, there is the memorable of me
when i going there travel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I guessed it made a difference with the rooms, deluxe and deluxe sea facing. The sea facing rooms are apparently renovated and it did look different and more lush. It was a department trip and some of my colleagues got the older rooms. About the resort, it is actually a nice resort and the sea fronting with a lovely beach. Good for team building as the resort is pretty sprawling. Unfortunately, also a family resort so you need to put up with the kids and noise. We had catered food for dinner and we found the chinese food was pretty good. The dim sum was really good too...but the other food prepared by the hotel kitchen was not so great...breakfast could be better and the BBQ dinner we had was the worst BBQ I have tasted. The meat was tough and bland. Went to the dessert table instead...more palatable.

As for the rooms, all amenities available i.e. safe, fridge (but empty), laundry services, iron & board, slippers, bathroom amenities, hair dryer and pretty good aircon. TV was new, flat screen and with coffee and tea making facilities. 2 bottles of water free everyday...pretty decent. House keeping was good but what I find funny (not only this hotel) is that the management puts up a sign to ask us to be environmental friendly and to reuse the towels. Although we did not ask them to replace, they were all replaced...so I think the management shd have a word with their house keeping staff???

Cons: No Wifi in rooms.....what??? At this time and age and this is Malaysia lah...wifi is cheap so what's with the restriction and charges....definitely lost a brownie point here....
Biggest complaint = the Business Centre - the girls manning this office are soooo rude...they totally ignored me until I demanded for some attention. Grudgingly helped me...come on, I was on a company trip and I was prepared to pay for the services so why the sour face. Also, to my disappointment, your fax machine is not working?? Thank God I was prepared and brought my thumb drive as the girl had to scan the doc for me and then I have to send across to KL. It was so easy if I could just fax it over....please need to look into this!!!

Room Tip: Get the sea facing rooms but I think they cost a bit more. These rooms are renovated and more moder...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan? Share your experiences!