My wife and I had to come down to Kuantan for important matter and had decided to stay for the night at this resort. My wife had been to this resort years ago with good review so we look forward for really good time there.
We had called the reservation desk earlier of the day, in the morning actually, to make our reservation. However the person who was attending to our call mentioned there were plenty of rooms available so we were assured and want us to just walk in and we can get the room that we want. We were also been assured there was best rate for the deluxe sea view room king bed. Sounds good for us as we were busy with many matters to attend in KL and later Kuantan in the same day.
We arrived at the resort around 7 p.m., straight to the reception desk to enquire about room
availability and to check in. there were several people in the queue and it takes like 15 minutes or so per pax. mind you it was warm and no fans around there, we were sweating. at last it was
our turn and when we enquire and request for the room that we want (deluxe sea view room king
bed), we were told they were none available. Even for 2 single bed sea view was very limited.
No best rate either for them - we were annoyed and we told the front desk person on our
conversation with the resort earlier in the morning, she denied the best rate was 'no longer' available but can give us. She asked us whether we were contacting the right resort and in some
way wants us to prove it! We showed to her the phone number of the resort that we got from the
website (yes, Swiss Garden Kuantan website, not agency or whatsoever website) only then she
seems to believe but still not explaining to us, like to show it's our fault entirely. Tired and deeply
annoyed, we settled with deluxe garden room view and asked for the room Wi-Fi ID and
password, which was chargeable and we agreed to be charged.
The room was nice and clean, having the amenities as expected. Found out later few electrical
plug points were out of order. Maintenance team should take note to repair them. After
coming inside the room my wife wants to get online, try to log in the room Wi-Fi using to ID and
password given but the hotel Internet access website mentioned it has either expired or need to
be activated. We thought maybe some glitches that can be sorted out later as we were looking
ahead for dinner.
After having our dinner at the resort restaurant, which was very good BBQ buffet, and returned
to our room, my wife tried again on the Wi-Fi and still gave the same problem. gave a call to
front desk to inform about the Wi-Fi and see what they can do to rectify it. When my wife told her
the problem was first observed when she tried to log in after getting into the room (like 2 hours
before we were done with our dinner), the front desk person asked us why we never informed
them when we first encounter the problem and ask u to come over to front desk to get new ID
and password. Like really, does checking the Wi-Fi and quickly report any problem about it was
the most important thing to do when checking in to a hotel room? and then asking us to go all the
way to reception to get all those stuff, at around 11 p.m.? we just told her to cancel the Wi-Fi and doze off after a tiring and annoying day.
Room sound insulation was not that good as we can hear noises and sounds from adjacent room and the club downstair.
The resort does have the ambient, facilities, tidy up keeping and cleanliness. However, either the
work procedure/process or staff attitude is disappointing. If the Resort Management really appreciate the good location, nice pool and facilities they have, please sort out these issues seriously so they would not turn away potential guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sky, sea and sun provide a peaceful backdrop to a landscape so alluring it stirs the emotions. The vivid colours of nature's palette glow in the soft tropical light accenting the purity of air, water and land. From the colors of the sunset, to soothing air greeting you with a warm embrace; the newly refurbished Swiss- Garden Beach Resort, Kuantan, offers sensual delights at every turn with the recent completion of its refurbishment exercise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Garden Resort And Spa
- Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuantan