“We love this place so much that we have just extended our stay here by two more nights” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss-Garden Resort & Spa Kuantan

Save Saved
You added Swiss-Garden Resort & Spa Kuantan to your Saves list
Swiss-Garden Resort & Spa Kuantan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2656 & 2657, Mukim Sungai Karang | Balok Beach, Beserah, Kuantan 26100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #4 of 39 hotels in Kuantan
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We came and had a look at the Swiss Garden Resort before moving from the hotel we were staying at in Cherating. It was no problem for the staff to show us a couple of room choices and let us have a look around the grounds. I booked on line the morning of our planned move and check in was a breeze. We booked a deluxe sea view room and we were given a room on the top floor (4th floor). The room is spacious with a king size comfy bed, large bathroom with full height mirror, bathroom amenities even include toothbrushes. 2 bottles of water provided daily plus the usual tea/coffee, in room safe, movie channel on the tv, complimentary shuttle bus into Kuantan, our room rate includes complimentary in-room wifi and buffet breakfast. Breakfast each morning is great - choice of sitting outside opposite pool area or inside in air-conditioning - omlette station is yum and so to is the ample choices of other hot food, cereal, bakery items, fruits etc. The resort backs on to Balok Beach and has a large swimming pool, spa and large kiddies pool. It is very pleasant sitting around the pool which is where I will be tomorrow. We had the seafood buffet dinner on our first night here and it was excellent. We have also used the gym facilities and they have a few cardio machines and a good range of weight bearing equipment also. There are a few restaurants across the road for variety if required. The resort is situated midway between Cherating and Kuantan with easy access to both by taxi around 30-40myr to Kuantan and around 50myr to Cherating. I cannot fault the Swiss Garden Resort - the staff are all professional, friendly and helpful. They also have a "spa" Samsara Sap which I hope to visit for a massage tomorrow afternoon. We are loving our stay here and I am sure you will too. Will put photos on when we return to Australia.

Room Tip: Deluxe Seaview rooms are great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RayanKomatt, General Manager at Swiss-Garden Resort & Spa Kuantan, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for selecting Swiss Garden Resort and Spa Kuantan as your choice hotel during your current stay in Kuantan.
We will gladly share your compliments on the services with our associates who would be delighted to have delivered to your expectations and will continue to do so during your stay here. we are delighted that you have enjoyed our breakfast buffet and have currently also added local specialities like Nasi Dagang to have some east coast traditional items also served. Thank you also for extending your stay here and we certainly look forward to your continous support and more return visits from you in the near future.

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was rainy day. So, no swimming activity. They assigned us to the room next to the pub. It was so noisy at night. My kids can't sleep til 12 midnight. Their front desk team should observe if the guests are on family trip or not.

Room Tip: If you are on family vacation, I would love to suggest you to ask them to assign room far from their...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Been to this resort many times. Impressive lobby setting, friendly and helpful staff at frontdesk. But the room was just so ordinary, old bedding, very sandy floor, very limited tv channels, and mouldy minibar. The dining experience was just the fill-up-your-stomach-and-go type. The (only) plus point is the hotel location, it has its private beach and it is quite near town center too ( by car of course). Good food in town, and relax on the beach. That's why for me going to kuantan means staying in this hotel, for sure. Highly recommended for family with kids travel, not good for the hygienic freaks.

Room Tip: What good room? Just get up earlier and head to the beach for a good view of sunrise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I reached the hotel late mid night and stayed for a night with my wife. although it has lready pass mid night, the staff warmly welcome us. The room setting was nice and clean. The next morning was so refressing to see the rising sun from our room. Sadly I have to check out right after the nice fullfilling breakfast for work without able to enjoy the hotel facility and the beach. Definitely will try to fine another opportunity to stay again in this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Klang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My first time to Kuantan is because my first job company trip.
The hotel is very comfortable when you are going to the lobby, I very love
the view of there and the breakfast of hotel.
But so far the room I stayed is 2 of single bed in a room, i feel is not bad for the
renovation of the room, can consider to stay with Swiss Garden Kuantan.
Come to enjoy it with the breakfast and the swimming pool, there is the memorable of me
when i going there travel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I guessed it made a difference with the rooms, deluxe and deluxe sea facing. The sea facing rooms are apparently renovated and it did look different and more lush. It was a department trip and some of my colleagues got the older rooms. About the resort, it is actually a nice resort and the sea fronting with a lovely beach. Good for team building as the resort is pretty sprawling. Unfortunately, also a family resort so you need to put up with the kids and noise. We had catered food for dinner and we found the chinese food was pretty good. The dim sum was really good too...but the other food prepared by the hotel kitchen was not so great...breakfast could be better and the BBQ dinner we had was the worst BBQ I have tasted. The meat was tough and bland. Went to the dessert table instead...more palatable.

As for the rooms, all amenities available i.e. safe, fridge (but empty), laundry services, iron & board, slippers, bathroom amenities, hair dryer and pretty good aircon. TV was new, flat screen and with coffee and tea making facilities. 2 bottles of water free everyday...pretty decent. House keeping was good but what I find funny (not only this hotel) is that the management puts up a sign to ask us to be environmental friendly and to reuse the towels. Although we did not ask them to replace, they were all replaced...so I think the management shd have a word with their house keeping staff???

Cons: No Wifi in rooms.....what??? At this time and age and this is Malaysia lah...wifi is cheap so what's with the restriction and charges....definitely lost a brownie point here....
Biggest complaint = the Business Centre - the girls manning this office are soooo rude...they totally ignored me until I demanded for some attention. Grudgingly helped me...come on, I was on a company trip and I was prepared to pay for the services so why the sour face. Also, to my disappointment, your fax machine is not working?? Thank God I was prepared and brought my thumb drive as the girl had to scan the doc for me and then I have to send across to KL. It was so easy if I could just fax it over....please need to look into this!!!

Room Tip: Get the sea facing rooms but I think they cost a bit more. These rooms are renovated and more moder...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shah Alam, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I went there with my sister, 2 kids and my mother last weekend and stayed for two nights. Had a not so good experience with the overall stay and it started from the moment of checking in. I booked a month earlier under my sis's name and confirmed everything a day before arrival, which include requests on additional bed and early check-in which is around 11am as my sister had to be in UIA Kuantan by 1pm for a conference. The person-in-charge of the room reservation assured me through the phone that the early check in would be no problem as there are many available rooms. We arrived by 12noon and to my surprise, the room wasn't ready and it's like my sister has to repeat all the information that has been given through the phone. The receptionist said, she can't assure how soon will the room ready as they were quite fully booked a day before and visitors have just checked out. I then inquiry on how could that happen as I have been assured everything about my booking and request a day before. I insisted on a quick prep of the room. And while waiting, all the sudden, the receptionist said the room is gonna ready by 12.30pm..Ehh??.. How come can be that quick suddenly?..

We were fine about it and went to our room. This is our 1st visit to the hotel and when we entered the room, I had to say, it was far from my expectation. The room is spacious, I have to admit, but look kinda old and dull. And as I have expected, the additional bed is not ready that I had to call the reception counter and repeat the process of request, AGAIN!..And they didn't even include the breakfast for the additional bed, in the card but they have taken the complete deposit of what I have booked through the phone. I let the kids strolled on the floor, do their stuffs when I realized after a while that their cloth turned blacky. I tip my finger and surprisingly, dust on it!..I bent down and checked, to only see lots of dust under the bed and the tv rack!!..It clearly showed the room was not the one from previous visitors, but in fact, the one that had long2 time been checked in. I went out to complain, only to see the housekeeping was tidying other rooms, so I asked him to clean the floor. My extra bed was delivered on the late evening. The next day, my toilet bowl got clogged that we had to call the maintanance. Then the safebox was not working and again we had to call the manitanance and to no abail, it cannot be fixed. Yes I've been the frequent caller of the home care of the hotel.

Hotel surrounding is nice. The buffet breakfast are of standard selections and varieties. Taste quite good. The lobby is of the open space concept, no air-conditioned ( so it's kinda hard for me to reckon the luxuriousity). The beach is clean and of private use for hotel visitors only. Pool is large enough for both adult and kid.

When checking out, I complained on those matters above and as usual, were asked for forgivenes. But I hope, they improve. As overall, I'm not satisfied enough with the room. Having to pay for almost RM300 for the room, I expect something far luxurious in the room. The room needs some refurbishment. The surrounding and ambience is fine enough but it's the room that we pay much for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Swiss-Garden Resort & Spa Kuantan? Share your experiences!