We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Kuantan over April 18th - April 21st, to celebrate our parent's 50th anniversary.
Throughout the months of preparation starting in December 2012, we were looked after by a wonderful marketing person, Noraznita, who took care of all the many details. This was a truly difficult task as we were working out of Kuala Lumpur, and everything had to be done via email.
From special requests for F&B arrangements, to arranging for mixers at the bar, to taking care of special requests for rooms, tidbits, cakes and party favours, she dealt with everything professionally and with great enthusiasm.
Our stay itself was also wonderful. We had a large group of out of town guests for the event, with many older guests who needed special care and rooms that were easily accessible, and in some cases early check in so they could rest as soon as they arrived -- these were all well taken care off by Noraznita and the staff at the front desk, especially those on duty April 19 afternoon and April 20 morning.
Our event itself was well managed, except that set up was late as the previous group had not vacated the ballroom in time. But the banquet person in charge -- Sree -- managed to sort everything out. Many guests commented that the 7-course Chinese meal were served was very good. Service was a little bit inattentive as many of the banquet staff seemed to be very new on the job, but otherwise things were fine. The sound system was rather poor and caused many guests to find it difficult to follow the toastmaster's speech, especially at the beginning.
The hotel enjoys a beautiful location in Kuantan with stunning views, and all our guests had a wonderful time catching up on family news while enjoying the facilities, especially around the pool.
Thank you Hyatt Regency Kuantan for making this event extra special.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kuantan Hotel Kuantan
- Hyatt Regency Kuantan Hotel
- Kuantan Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Kuantan
- Kuantan Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Kuantan Resort is an idyllic Kuantan resort located on the luxury stretch of Telok Chempedak’s pristine beachfront, on the east coast of the Malaysian Peninsula. This five-star hotel in Kuantan is just a 20-minute drive from Kuantan Airport and a mere five minutes away from cultural attractions, the culinary scene and the central business district of Kuantan city. With 330 rooms including luxury Regency Club™ rooms and suites, housed in a cluster-style low-rise building, this hotel in Kuantan is surrounded by beautifully landscaped lawns and two outdoor swimming pools with a sweeping vista of the South China Sea. Savour East Coast delights that will whet your appetite from the very first bite at Kampung Restaurant. Adjourn to the Italian Bistro for authentic Italian cuisine that will satisfy even the most discerning epicureans. Enjoy pre-dinner drinks at Sampan Bar, followed by casual dishes of tantalising seafood and grilled meats at Coals on the Beach, with the alluring South China Sea never leaving your sight. To conclude a perfect evening there is also dancing to live music at the Chukka Fun Pub. Step into Bayou Spa where revived ancient therapeutic treatments lull your senses, work up a sweat at the fully equipped Club Olympus or simply soak up the sun and do nothing at all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kuantan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.