“One of the better beach front resort on the East Coast” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Kuantan
Frankfurt, Germany
“One of the better beach front resort on the East Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed on a weekday knowing full well the resort would be teeming with families and little ones. the hotel seemed to be experiencing high occupancy nonetheless we were pleasantly surprised by the warm hospitality. Particularly being locals, we expect lukewarm service as is common in this blessed country of ours.
We were truly impressed to be attentively served right from check-in. Took us less then 10 minutes to be whisked to our entry level room with a view. Small, dated but functional room. A little to steeply priced but what would you expect from a Hyatt.

Two large lovely swimming pools overlooking the South China Sea. A historical beach bar Sampan Bar was our favourite after a day of lazing in the sun. But mostly, the Italian Bistro is a wonderful little restaurant and the food was simply marvellous. We were told the Chef was a local too. Kudos!!

Breakfast at the Kampung was mediocre in comparison after that lovely dinner at Italian Bistro. Perhaps the resort might want to consider being more 'local' as we were really looking forward to sampling East Coast speciality like Nasi Dagang, Laksam, Nasi Kerabu.

it was an amazingly restful getaway for us made possible by the hospitality and service from the heart we were privy to. We will definitely be back. Special thank you to Mark Esteva, Rukesh and Hasri.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Overall had a good time staying at this hotel. Like most people the location was great. Some parts of the service was great (regency club) but some parts was good (breakfast, pool) and some parts was poor like the housekeeping not replacing enough of the items in the room. There was construction next door (was suppose to be sheraton a few years ago) that was loud but which I guess hyatt has no control over. Overall a good trip.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Regency club room during daytime if construction still ongoing at next door property.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

For a sea view u pay 500 MYR all in incl. Tax - means 167 USD. I stayed 2 nights n change room. The bathtub was soooo Dirty n the water was accumulating in the bath tub while u take a shower. Same thing when you brush your teeth. The only nice thing is the location of the hotel. It's very nice n unique. Big REAL 5 stars hotels pls open in Kuantan. The people are nice, the nature is nice but for sure the Hyatt is not a 5 Stars!

• Stayed March 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is average, but what attracts people going there is the surrounding atmosphere. 24-hour restaurants, night market are available within a walking distance. One best thing for me about this hotel is the morning breeze while taking breakfast and facing the wide open sea. Its like freeing all your problems and getting ready for the day.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower ground level room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went with my family and It felt it was good, we got good reception from the front desk and the room was very well maintained, also I felt service was very good. Place located is good for holiday and very relaxing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

For a frequent business traveler , this was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I cannot believe that it is part of the Hyatt chain. I checked in at 12pm (25th Feb 2013) with a colleague as well (2 rooms -1415 and 2510), the concierge insisted they want to take our bags to the room. We proceeded to lunch at the cafe and when we came back we observed our bags are still at the concierge desk, the front desk saw we were talking about it, told us that she will get them to send it to the room.

We came back to the hotel at 9pm and our bags are still not in our room. I went down to the front desk (change of staff now) they don't have a clue where by bags were and it was located in a store. Both of our bags were lying there with the tags to deliver to the room.

Then as I wanted to take my shower and prepare to go out, there was no hot water. I called the front desk and they assured me that they will look into it. After an hour with no update,I decided to just take a cold shower since I was running late. I went to the front desk and told the Assistant Manager Mr Mark Esteva to lodge my complaints to Hyatt group and give me a copy of the email. However this was not done.

The next morning, breakfast was a nightmare. The hotel was packed due to a conference, however there was no contingency plan to handle a full house, with only one waiter service over 15 tables, I tried to get his attention for a cup of coffee, but after 15 minutes, I gave up and just went to the bar area myself. I don't know why I paid an additional RM33 bucks for this lousy breakfast and service.

My understanding that my company has discuss rates inclusive of breakfast and internet, however I was not given this. I shall lodge a complain to my HQ regarding this and hopefully remove Hyatt Group from the hotel panel, after all we are not valuable customers. I feel the Hilton and Starwood group of hotels have better services, even after any complaints they go beyond their way to assist their customers.

With over 10 years of frequent business traveling around the world, this is by far the WORST HOTEL IN THE WORLD.

Room Tip: The rooms are old and noisy. Like a ghost movie, the voices and noise from the hall will echo in you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Beachfront hotel of Telok Chempedak, with panoramic views of the South China Sea,east coast of Peninsula Malaysia.Hotel is designed in the architectural style of the traditional kampong (village) with private balconies with garden / sea views & two huge infinity beachfront pool!

Local surfers were spotted surfing on the monsoon waves.. *Surfboards/Bodyboard are available for renting at 20RM whole day. :)

This resort is worth staying. We had a memorable stay...

We will sure return..

Room Tip: ground rooms facing the sea!! execellent
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Kuantan? Share your experiences!