“Utterly revolting - one of the worst meals of my entire life” 1 of 5 stars

05 491 4666
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Ringlet
London, United Kingdom
“Utterly revolting - one of the worst meals of my entire life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

What planet are the Lonely Planet writers living on? How is this the pick of Tanah Rata's restaurants? It slops out greasy, reheated, flavourless junk. Three days ago I "ate" a meal so absolutely disgusting it's destined to be memorable for all the wrong reasons - the most painful of which is the chronic diarrhoea that's kept me glued to the khazi ever since. Avoid like the plague - which you might even catch if you eat there.

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“Really, Really Dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We came here because of Lonely Planet which for the most part has helped us on our travels throughout Southeast Asia but occasionally bombs....this was one of those times.

My girlfriend and I love Indian Food and this was probably the worst experience; in Malaysia, in Asia, well pretty much anywhere. We both ordered set meals and though the waiter was nice vaguely informed us that they did not have some of the dishes we were trying to order. My girlfriend's meal had all the side dishes but no 'veg dish of the day' and when asked they said it was bean something or other but they didn't have it....so we didn't get it. Also, the samosas which were a major part of the meal were also absent...when asked they said they did not have them. Oh, also all of the dishes they served us came right fromt their buffet counter...they just scopped them up for us! Not fresh.

We tried to have a positive attitude about it and assumed they'd make up for it on the bill. Wrong. They charged us the full price even though we literally got less than half of what we ordered. I told the guy at the register that we didn't get anything and he mumbled something about them substituting other dishes....um not really. We go some watered down sauces and certainly nothing replacing the samosas. After a long bus ride up here we didn't feel like arguing but quickly realized afterwards that they'd also OVERCHARGED us by a few ringut in addition to completely ripping us off on our meals. Oh, also heard another couple complaining that they didn't get some dishes and assume they had a similar experience.

PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE: the food/ service is aweful and there are plenty of decent places to eat in the area. Travel books are helpful but in some cases, like this one completely screwed us...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania USA
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I had an amazing lunch at the Bunga Suria last week. This is a 24 hour restaurant that specializes in South Indian cuisine. I loved their banana leaf rice meal when I had it several years back and was looking forward to having it again. For some reason they weren't offering it for lunch this time, so I helped myself to whatever dishes I fancied from the selection available: rice, sambal petai, stir fried okra and a bit of mutton curry. The RM7 charged seemed a little on the high side, but the food was absolutely delicious. For comparison Restoran Sri Brinchang has all-you-care-to-eat banana leaf meals for RM7.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

If you have dined in the Indian restaurants in UK before, you will be as disappointed with the food in Bunga Suria as we were. The sheesh kebab was not lamb meat, the garlic naan leaves a sting on your tongue, the papadum was small and some of the dishes were served cold.
We definitely enjoyed our steamboat dinner at OK Tuck at Brinchang town (which was also cheaper) much more.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur
“Great Mamak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

If you are looking for a reasonable priced mamak with excellent taste, bunga suria is the place. i read about this place on the internet and thought to give it a try. the place is usually crowded with locals as foreigner usually visit the stalls opposite bus station. The tandori with garlic naan is exceptional. Whenever i go to cameron i make sure, i eat there because of food quality. I am not a miser, so i dont care much about money. Bunga Suria and Coffee Shop in Equatorial (their mushroom soup) is always a must eating place on my list.