“Great Place πŸ‘” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Copthorne Hotel Cameron Highlands

You added Copthorne Hotel Cameron Highlands to your Saves list
Copthorne Hotel Cameron Highlands
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Kea Farm, Brinchang 39100, Malaysia (Formerly Equatorial Cameron Highlands)   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Brinchang
“Great Place πŸ‘”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The location is amazing, the view is breath-taking, food at the cafe on the first floor is very good, breakfast selection is good enough, staff are fast to responde and they always answered the phone, rooms are clean, bed is comfey.

If went to Cameron again I'll go back to it 100%

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
Melaka, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

For this trip to CH we decide to stay in this hotel because of the location ( highest hotel in CH ).
We arrive at 2.30 pm and when we want to check in the staff say they need to find available room for us. Its OK if we're waiting for a while but we need to wait almost 1 hour!! can't imagine with the little kids need to wait until one hour. staff also not friendly to the customer and poor services in order to give us the room. In night, my baby ( 1 years old ) can't sleep and crying all the time. At first I think its normal for a kid maybe because of cold. But it become worst and when I recite Al-Quran to him automatically he sleep soundly..It might something wrong about that room.Then when clock shown at 2.00 am, again...I can't sleep! hear so many things from surrounding..such as toilet flush, "guli", and so on. I think for the next trip I would not to stay in this hotel...never...this is my first and last stay in Copthorne Hotel..

Room Tip: don't choose room in level 8
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Johor Bharu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We decided to make a visit to Cameron Highlands. It's been over 25 years since I last went to Cameron. We opted for Copthorne Hotel (previously Equatorial).
Since it was a low season, Cameron was rather quiet & so was the occupancy of the hotel.
We booked the Duluxe room & we were given rooms on the highest floor that is the lucky number 13.
Generally the rooms were clean and we actually liked the decor & the way the rooms were designed.
The bathroom come with full amenities (minus toothbrush, toothpaste & comb which is normal for Malaysian hotels), the toilet comes with a bidet & the bathroom with a bathtub.
The room also comes with flatscreen TV & some satellite channels (though a bit limited in choice), complimentary tea & coffee making facility & 2 bottles of mineral water.
Beds were comfortable and there was also a sofa set in the room. Only complaint is that there is no blanket & it can be quite cold in the night. There is no heater & no air-con as you don't need one. As the advert for this hotel says - "it is the coolest hotel in Cameron".
We also found the receptionist very polite & helpful especially if you can speak the Malay language.
Can't tell you much on the food as we opted for the local restaurants which serves good food.
Overall a good choice of hotel when at Cameron.

Stayed December 2014
Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I like the buffet in the Chinese Restaurant in Copthorne, especially on Weekends. The foods are nice, and the services are excellent, the price is very reasonable. I will definitely come back for it!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is well located and is easily the highest perched accommodation at Cameron Highlands which will inevitably provide a great view to its residents.

I was given a room upgrade upon request albeit the trainee front office staff mistook that my booking came without daily breakfast which was a disappointment for this class of hotel.

The cleanliness of the room needs improvement, even after housekeeping, I could spot strands of hair and dirt/dust! Cleanliness aside, my recently-renovated room was a pleasant place to stay in.

Saving grace was Fadzlun's (another front office staff) thoughtful gesture of arranging a birthday cake be to presented to my wife on her birthday.

Last but not least, this is popular hotel among tourists and one could find many residents especially on weekends. A point to note for travellers who prefers exclusivity to crowd.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Sitiawan, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Used to stay here even when it called Equitorial Hotel. After change of Management, been here twice with the most recent ones yesterday.
Checked into room. No bath towel n bathroom floor mat supplied.

Car used to be park beside the main entrance but at 10.30pm were awaken by the security guards to remove my car as he said I cannot park there. So off I went to park elsewhere, but as soon as I remove my car a KL registered Alhard parked there. I queried the bell boy he said he dunno. So off I went to complaint to the Manager in charge. Also no satisfactory answer given. Why the double standard? Isn t my Hilux not a car too?

Room Tip: Top 2 floor as it was refurbished. My last stay was there. This current stay at 10th floor room stil...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

Been coming to Cameron on a yearly basis. Before Copthorne, this place was managed by Equatorial. With the new management, the service level of this hotel dropped. We had to inform reception counter to asked housekeeping to come to make up the room. Newspaper had to be collected from the reception counter. It feels like a self service hotel more than a it's 4 star rated hotel. Guess it is time for me to look for another hotel for my yearly ritual of going up Cameron in November.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Copthorne Hotel Cameron Highlands? Share your experiences!