I stayed in an apartment (not the main hotel) of the Equatorial in the Cameron Highlands with my parents for two nights mid-week.
The price of the apartment was significantly less than the main hotel. The reason for this soon became very clear - the hotel was in the process of being renovated. Our apartment had clearly not been redecorated for quite some time. While, it had been cleaned at some point since the last occupants, it was dusty and musty on arrival, sofa cushions were stained, and the kitchen and bathrooms were very shabby. The kitchen came with no appliances or utensils (aside from a fridge) which was a shame. However, on the plus side, the apartment had a huge windowed terrace overlooking the tea plantations and strawberry farms.
The hotel itself had a large smart lobby, which was the only place we were able to get wifi. It was disappointing to find very little information about the areas walks available, and we were not even able to pick up a decent map.
We tried the two restaurants on site - the chinese restaurant was excellent, but we were disappointed with the more informal restaurant on the ground floor. Both were virtually empty when we ate in them, which also reduced the atmsphere.
I would definitely recommend the Cameron Highlands, the equatorial was well located for exploring the area's walks and tea plantations (assuming you have a car), but I'll be staying somewhere else next time.
- Also Known As:
- Equatorial Cameron Highlands Hotel Brinchang
- Equatorial Cameron Highlands Hotel
- Equatorial Hotel Cameron Highlands
- Equatorial Resort Cameron Highlands
- Equatorial Cameron Highlands Brinchang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched at 1,628 meters above sea level, surrounded by majestic mountains and gentle undulating valleys, Equatorial is the only resort situated at the highest accessible point of highlands. The Resort offers accommodation option of a tudor-styled apartments or a hotel block and complemented with 3 restaurants, a swimming pool, a gymnasium, tennis and squash courts. Recreational activities available include country-side tours, guided nature walks, jungle trekking, 4x4 adventure and organised visits to the Semai village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Equatorial Cameron Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.