“ok for the money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 Brinchang B&B and Inns
singapore
“ok for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

i was there from 3rd sep to 5th sep 2011 we rented an apartment at heritage which apparently also belonged to the hotel owner. what i can say is that the parking was good as it has private car park spaces.there were 3 bedrooms that accommodated 6 of us. the rooms were adequately furnished ,the main water heater were leaking, common room toilet were not that clean the shower curtain is full of mold. the floor of the toilet needs some serious scrubbing. the bedroom is quite dusty that leads to me getting sinus.the sofas in the hall does not have cushion covers.i like the big fridge that they provide.but for the money we paid per person, its better than staying in a backpackers hotel. If you stay here you must not be the fussy type otherwise you will be disappointed. it could be due to the fact that the main hotel is far from the apartment so the manager may not have time to check on the cleanliness etc. location wise its good,its near the main tanah rata town(10 mins walk) n walking distance to father guesthouse.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Comfortable & convenient hotel, good & clean condition, reasonable pricing and all facilities are working well.
I have extended another night with my husband there.
this is my vote if there is a second trip to cameron ~ ^.^

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I all ways go to Cameron for holiday 5-6 times a years and all ways stay 3-4 days .... Ha! Ha! Ha! Cameron is my second home .... normally I stay at apartment but this time because walk in booking, I stay at Chua Gan Hotel and we are satisfied with the services provided by the hotel as the room we stayed was clean, cosy, and comfortable.

Especially, the hotel owner she knew we come from KL and wish to buy best Cameron "Jagung" she will advice us where to buy and how to buy.

When we check out she also give us some home plant vegetable.... Ha! I also booked the next trip on Sept 16-18. Cameron I will come again.. on Sept... I love Cameron...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Lousy hotel and the service very bad! Especially the attitude of the lady owner! The heater was suddenly turn cold when I was taking shower! This is really terrible!!!!

• Stayed December 2010
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I went to Cameron with a bunch of friends and booked a 2-room apartment (under a friend's recommendation) (with 2 single beds, 1 king size bed and 3 additional matress) at Brinchang under Chua Gin Hotel. Even though the lady at the reception looked more serious, the shower went hot and a little cold at times, generally, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The best thing of all, the whole apartment only costs us round RM 150-200 per night!!! Plus, it is within walking distance to the night market. If you are on a tight budget and is looking for a clean and comfortable place (overlooking some flaws) to retire for the night, this should be the place=)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
rawang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Travelled with my wife to cameron highlands during Chinese New Year on the 4th and 5th. We had made a booking 1 month before the CNY at Hotel Chua Gin. Unexpectedly, we are satisfied with the services provided by the hotel, the room we stayed was clean, cosy, and comfortable. Especially the toilet is very clean and functionable, unlikely most of the hotels i had stayed before in the same town.
Besides, after surveying hotels near by, I can say we found the best bargain during this super peak season! We'd definitely come to stay here again! HIGHLY recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

It was the school holidays. Upon checking in, i realized that the toilet couldn't be flushed and i called the lady owner immediately. The way she answered clearly shows that she KNOWS the problem. I was asked to bear with it until the next day on the basis that she doesn't have any room left. (Funny because i've made this booking nearly one month before my visit!)

then the next day, i went to the counter and told her to save all her trouble as i would be away for the entire day and i wanted a discount for the inconvenience that she had caused. She told me that she would return a small sum of money when i checked out.

So the best part of the story happened during my checkout. She was away. Her clerk called her up and she told her clerk and ME that she had given me the money the day before. wakakakakakkaakakakakak!

i was too lazy to argue with her. i had a great laugh at myself and i considered that as a charity to the less fortunate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Chua Gin Hotel? Share your experiences!