It is highest mountain at State of Negeri Sembilan, at Penisular Malaysia, with 1461m high.It consist slope hill forest , slope forest top , and Montane forest. Actually it is part of Malaysia Titiwangsa Range.
1. Start from parking area(with Hutan Lipur Gunung Besara Hantu) , need to walk to starting point, timber trak at 310m, steep route. if possible, ask 4 wheel driver to sent to starting point, one small junction after 20 minits drive from parking area. Paid RM 5 per person at guide hut.(start 2012, every hike at Negeri Sembilan need permit for RM 5, include Mt Angsi, Mt Datuk, Mt Besar Hantu etc.)
2. After walking the trek for i hours 30 minits, reach one small junction, with stream at your right hand side(walking distance 5 minits ), start enter jungle area. it is at 575m high. take water here.
3. Jungle trail is clear, keep in walking at quite flat trail, reach one Camp Orchid at 935m high, after 2 hours walking. last water point of this mountain is 20 minits walk after the campsite, 955m.
4. after last waterpoint, the trek become very steep. 1hr 30 m hiking, will reach peak, 1492m.
how to go:
1. Take Seremban exit of PLUS Highway, than turn to right hand side, shoot to Mantin, a small town on the Seremban-Kuala Lumpur federal route.
2. From Mantin, follow signboard, to Kuala Kelawang, than to Titi, view is scenic as you cross over part of Titiwangsa Range.
3. From Titi, go to Kampung Chennah (Chennah Vollage), can see Gunung Besar Hantu signboard in coklat colour.follow the signboard.than to Kampung Tohor. from Kg Tohor find 4 wheel to GBH, RM 350 tw0 ways.
Titi---Kg Chennah: 18km
Kg Chennah---Kg Tohor: 10km
Kg Tohor--GBH: 1 hr 05 minits.(4 wheel)
3.Descent: take same route, than follow the other junction to Waterfalls. Beware of steps, it is steep.
suggestion: camping at peak, but must carry camping gear and water, but can see the awesome sunrise, at the peak of GBH, clearly can see Genting Highlad, Mt Rajah, and also see KL city night light clearly. almost the best view point at Penisular mountain, with not very tough trails.
OR , day hike with light pack, but can't enjoy the scenary.
**make sure bring firecraker--we heard clear TIGER roaring during our hike there. and 4 wheels driver told that it is quite normal.
tips: not very tough hike if compare with or to others mountain, like G7 at Penisular, but make sure wear proper hiking shoes, bring enough waters.
TEL OF Forest Department: 06-7659849.
4 wheel contact: 0192669374 MR KIUNG , kg Chennah.
If you own or manage Gunung Besar Hantu, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.