“Rats?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Beta Service Apartment

You added Beta Service Apartment to your Saves list
Beta Service Apartment
Financial Park Labuan Complex | Jalan Merdeka, Labuan Island 87000, Malaysia   |
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“Rats?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is the most horrible place I've ever been. When I first came, it was so smelly ! Eventhough the location is quite strategic, but still, it didn't amaze me and family. At night, we were sleeping at the living room when this big rat appeared and went to the kitchen. It was so obvious that the apartment is really dirty. I will never stay there AGAIN. We asked the staffs to get the rat out from there, unfortunately, we couldn't find it. 3 days 2 night at Beta Apartment and that's horrible. Really horrible. Ants everywhere. Dusts too.

Not a good place to stay for a small family.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

i and my friends rented a 3 bedroom apartment, it has two double room and one single room. Each bedroom also attached with one bathroom and outside living room also attached one toilet. Beta service apartment is located beside the biggest shopping mall and very convenient for guests to shop. The swimming pool of the hotel is quite dirty and located far, it take around 5minutes walk to there.

Room Tip: Actually need not to book business bedroom apartment, because standard bedroom also has free wifi to...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I had a bad impression on this apartment before me and my friends went to Labuan. But after checking into the apartment we were suprised to have a good unit which was newly painted and the unit was dam good. No regrets. The 3 bedroom unit fit in into every requirements that we had in our mind and we enjoyed our stay. The apartment was a just walking distance to the happening places in labuan and you can also go down to the shopping complex to get yourself cheap liquors and beers. Believe me the price of liquor and beer in the shopping complex are very very reasonable.

Room Tip: View the unit before you book
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Miri, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

this apartment looks so fantastic from the outside but once you step in you'll see the real things inside.. the smelly kitchen with cockroaches crawling around and the ants were busy doing their business. There was a storeroom in the kitchen that looked spooky..and i didnt dare to use their blanket. my gosh, I dont feel like going back to that place. Hope the management can do something to improve the quality because we paid such an expensive price. We dont want to pay for terrible holiday experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
kota kinabalu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

the whole group of us my wife and 3 beautiful and strong granson and grandauther.
we enjoy the stay . the apt very convinence with shopt on the ground floor. we accupied 3 rooms in that unit.
the only drawbaqck was the swimming pool had no attendant. so we had to keep the children company.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Huge apartment but i will definitely not come back. The apartment building exterior looks pretty new and modern but was so disappointed once i stepped into the apartment. The apartment is old and tired, there are peeling paints everywhere, not to mention the moulded walls and ceilings, the toilet flushing water is yellowish-brownish in colour, the furnitures look damp and dusty and insect droppings are easily seen on the walls and the air condition controller. Air conditioned is sufficiently cold though. I had a room with 2 single beds to myself and upon checking in found tiny bugs on BOTH beds. I requested for the bed linens to be changed but was still so reluctant to sleep on the bed. I have a feeling that this place is cockroach infested when talking to the cleaning lady. I am afraid of cockroaches and resorted to sleeping with the lights on. Breakfast was also terrible. All in all, do not visit the hotel unless hygiene and cleanliness is not a concern at all.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

My family and I stayed there for 2 nights and encountered such bad experience!

1. All lightings were not properly checked and maintain upon guests checking in.
2. Furnitures were old, smelly and mouldy- basically they were dirty! Some lightings were dead upon checked in.
3. The receptionists have no experience in handling complaints well. Furtheremore, they have also double checked in guests, whereby they were another group of guests trying to open our apartment unit main door to check in again, that was after we checked in a day ago! Claimed they were also given the same unit room number with valid room keys! The receptionists did not even apologise on behalf and started to pin point their own colleague whom did the mistake! Their managers went hiding and no one came to settle this issue till we checked out. Claimed indeed it was our misfortune to have experienced it!
4. As far as the apartment is concerned, furnitures are old and not well maintained. They could actually donate to the needy instead being provided to paying guests like us! I've attached some pictures which are self- explanatory.
5. If you drive a car, no free parking for the staying guests and still have to pay RM1.00 per every entry to the apartment area.
6. Ants were found inside the bedroom and climbed up to the bed!
7. Breakfast dining hall was warm due to no air-condition nor fans provided. I would sugggest to eat out rather than patronizing their restaurant, food was unpresentable- simple soy sauce fried noodles, eggs, some sausages, coffee and tea. I could easily buy such meal outside at only RM2.50 with good ventilation!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Beta Service Apartment? Share your experiences!