Very lovely place, we can recommend it. Situated in a Muslim village right next to a river bank. Staff is very friendly. Rooms are clean, spacious (even the cheaper standard rooms) and stand in a well kept garden. At nights you sometimes hear noises from the ceiling of the chalets, but we didn't find out which animal that was and it was not really a problem. Apart from that everything was perfect at Pasir Belanda. They have an awesome pool with great scenic view of the river while you swim, a terrace for breakfast that reminds you of the style of the colonial age. The aunt (makcik) two houses further cooks great and rich dinners and lunches at reasonable prices and gives cooking classes if you want to try to do the curry. The workshops and activities are well organized (we took batik making, cooking class and bike ride) and definitely worth the time and money. All in all a unique experience, a great way to learn to know Malay culture with a bit of gentle luxury at a fair price.
- Also Known As:
- Pasir Belanda Hotel Kota Bharu
- Pasir Belanda Hotel
- Pasir Belanda Kota Bharu, Kelantan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pasir Belanda is located at a riverside in a kampong and is run by a Dutch couple. It???s just 2 km out of Kota Bharu and within 1 hour from the Perhentian Islands. The traditionally built wooden chalets have A/C and perfectly clean bathrooms. Workshops like batik painting, kite making and Malay cooking are conducted and bicycles are for rent. An ideal place to get the feeling of the Malay life, culture and handicrafts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Pasir Belanda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.