“Beyond surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Kota Bharu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Beyond surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is my 1st visit to Tune Hotel. Heard from friends this hotel chain charge everything accordingly, hence the final bill total might blow d planned budget. But, I think this fair, u pay what u r using. The people working here r extremely friendly n helpful. And this is really a saver to a solo traveller like me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was not my first time staying at Tone Hotel Kota Bharu but it was my longest. I was there for a total of 9 nights. I know being a budget hotel I would not have high expectations on it but this time was really different. The cleanliness as well as the attentiveness of the staffs were way beyond my expectations. I had a real good time staying at that place. I will definitely come back to stay again.

Room Tip: Request for Block A rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Kota Bahru City Centre, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much the pleasant review following your stay at Tune Hotel Kota Bharu.

We are happy to find that we have met your requirements perfectly and hope you will come again and stay with us again.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Tune hotel is so cheap, it's hard to give it a negative review as you do get good value for money. Yes the room is small and basic but it's clean and you really only want to stay in KB as a 1 night stop over to the islands.

The room we stayed in shared a wall with the carpark next door, I could hear a door/gate opening all night long and quite clearly the voices of people coming and going all night. Add that to the creepy vibe some of the cleaners and the locals, you start to get the feeling you're in a scary movie.

Location wise, I don't know if it makes a difference where you stay in KB, there's nothing really to do. I love to eat at hawker markets in KL, Penang and Singapore, but I wouldn't eat the local ones here. Giant rats, all pre cooked curries that had been sitting there for hours, stray cats.

If you just need a cheap place to sleep for 1 night, it will be fine. If you plan on staying in KB longer, change your plans. It's also a massive pains to get there from TGG, all the buses were sold out hours in advance and a taxi took about 4 hours, I think at a cost of about 150-200 rm.

Room Tip: Ask for one towards the front of the hotel or nearer to the lift, away from the carpark.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review following your stay at Tune Hotel Kota Bharu.

We regret to hear that you were inconvenienced by the noise from the car park and from other guests. We try our best to address complaint about the noise level based on the circumstances causing it. So please speak to the front desk to perhaps relocate you to a quieter end.

KB mall is located next to our hotel where you could find many dining outlets. We hope you will choose us next time you visit Kota Bharu.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

we go to Kota Bharu with our 4 years old son, upon check in i ask the hotel if they can provide us a baby cot, unfortunately the staff told us the they dont have baby cot available, i told the staff that i have write on the request while make the booking through Agoda.com, the staff apologized to me and mentioned that she will get back to me as she will check with the hotel manager. the manager came to the lobby to meet us and explained that they dont have baby cot available, i was upset and told him that it will not be comfortable for us the sleep in one bed for 4 nights! after listen to my explanation, he said he will try his best to help me but he him sometimes to find us a baby cot. 2 hours later, the staff came with a baby cot to our room! my son was happy to sleep on the baby cot, after 4 nights, we have continue to stay for another 3 nights!
thank you for your helps and we will be back to stay with your hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing a review following your stay at Tune Hotel Kota Bharu.

We have shared your review with the team this morning and they were very pleased to find that their efforts were commended.

We hope to welcome your again soon.

Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is my 1st time check in to Tune Hotel Kota Bharu City Centre, I have enjoy my 2 nights stay here, it is easy to get access to where I work by Taxi in front of the Hotel, Hotel Counter staff are friendly always with a smile. Asked where to have dinner in town, one staff suggested to China Town, it was okay.

Tune Hotel, Keep up the good job!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Before we check in the hotel, we have call the hotel staff if they can provide us the room in higher floor as it is quiet here. we had the 9th floor room before and we were happy with room. upon check in the staff told us that the higher floor is not ready and offer us room at 3rd floor, we have decided to wait for the room at 9th floor, the staff tell us that we need to come back in 2 hours time., we then leave our luggages in the hotel and take our lunch opposite the hotel. i check again with the hotel an hour later, the staff have actually prepare our room key at 9th floor and its ready to check in.
we are happy with the room we stayed, clean and smelled fresh.

Room Tip: Room facing the apartment is quiet, wont hear the noise from the roadside
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

After reading all of the positive reviews we were really excited to stay a night in a hotel for a change. However to our disappointment it was one of the dirties places we have stayed in Malaysia thus far. The shower smelled like urine, there was mould on the mirror, small bugs all over the hand sink, the side tables look like they have not been cleaned since they were placed in there, dirt all up the wall and the mirror was grubby with dust and finger marks.
Internet was absolutely terrible as per previous reviews we walked across the street to Burger King.

On the positive side the bed sheets were clean & so were the towels.

This was a very disappointing hotel for a company that is within a worldwide hotel chain.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Kota Bahru City Centre, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

We apologize for not meeting the standards you have come to expect from us.

Please send you stay details to me at sharon.desilva@tunehotels.com so that I could check what went wrong with the housekeeping activities during your stay.

I assure you what you have experienced is purely isolated, and we hope to provide better service the next time you come by.

Thanks for the review.

Sharon De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Been to Tune Hotel Kota Bahru City Centre? Share your experiences!