After heavy travel for several days from Pahang until Kota Bahru, I managed to get myself to check in without online booking during weekend.
1) Front desk service is needed to be improved. This is because most of the time only one staff is on duty. From inquiry, registration to payment, all is done by the same staff. The processing time taken is more than 15 minutes, if there is other customers, I have to wait until the queue is cleared. Appreciate if the hotel can locate more staffs at front desk. But, they are friendly and ready to serve you. I manage to exchange coins for paying my parking fees from front desk. Also, one of the staff still remember me when I did my check-in for second time.
2) The location of hotel is great, since it is located at the Kota Bahru city centre. KB mall is located in front of the hotel. Many local restaurants such as chinese, chinese muslim, bakery, fast food are accessible within 5 minutes walking distance. KB mall has a supermarket (The Pacific), F&B restaurant, clothing shops, telecommunication shops, ATM, book store which are convenient for both travelers and locals. Places of interest such as Pasar Siti Khadijah, State Museum, War Museum, Tourism Centre, Cultural Art Gallery also can be reached within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance.
3) There are rooms available from second floor until ninth floor. Most of the rooms are with window. Elevator is available. Hayaki Cafe, a cafe opened for 24 hours is located at first floor. I have not tried their food due to convenient of getting local delicacies nearby hotel, included vegetarian food (restaurant named MStar Cafe).
4) Room is equipped with TV, air-conditioner, ceiling fan, hair dryer, individual bath room with hot water, safe box, working desk. The basic pay for room charges are not included TV channels, air-conditioner, toiletry sets, wireless connection. You may need to pay for each added items based on your needs. If you adapted to Malaysia's weather, I advise no add-on for air-conditioner service. Also, the TV channels available are limited in options such as Astro AXN, Astro AEC, Astro Fox Movie. In my opinion, it is not worth for paying to watch this. Wireless internet connectivity is another item that you need to pay either for 12 hours credit or 24 hours credit. Too bad, no drinking water (neither hot or cold), no coffee or tea provided in room. You need to get yourself from the supermarket in KB mall or a convenient shop (open lately around 9am) next to the hotel. A thumb up is given to their bed. You may not expect that the price you pay can get a good quality of the mattress. Cleanliness of bed linen is acceptable. But, I can spot some dirty area at the pillow cover.
In my opinion, it is good enough for both solo traveler and business trip attendant. If you are looking for more services, this is not the one you looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Kota Bharu next to the state capital’s popular landmark the KB Mall. Guests will find the hotel’s location very strategic and convenient as it is within close proximity of established shopping outlets and will allow visitors to experience the rich food and cultural heritage of Kelantan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tune Hotel Kota Bahru City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tune Hotels Kota Bahru City Centre Hotel Kota Bharu
- Tune Hotel Kota Bahru City Centre Kota Bharu, Kelantan