“Great place and value for a vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Malibest Resort

You added Malibest Resort to your Saves list
Malibest Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Pantai Cenang | Mukim Kedawang, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Langkawi
New York City, New York
“Great place and value for a vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We choose Malibest resort based on the photos we saw online and we were pleasantly surprised by the place in reality. Granted it is no 5 star hotel but what we got was a lovely hut/chalet by the beach, and basic amenities that goes along with it.

The Hut/room
We got the deluxe room which comes with a king size bed, TV, mini fridge and shower. The room has a floor to ceiling glass window which offers a lovely view of the beach. Room is clean and room service may be a tad slow at times given the number of rooms/ huts housekeeping has to comb daily. The room is air conditioned and simply furnished. Wifi is spotty at best. Though there is wifi in our room/ area for the entire week we were unable to connect from our room and have to go to the lobby whenever we needed to connect online. A minor inconvenience but given we are on vacation, it made us limit our online time.

The location.
Malibest Resort is pretty much in the middle of the town. It is centrally located at the Pantai Cenang beach which is just about 10 minutes cab ride from the airport. On the main strip of town there are plenty of shops and restaurants to browse and dine. Most of the shops open late and close late. Same with the restaurants. Malibest Resort has an Indian restaurant in front of the hotel but it does not serve breakfast. For breakfast options there is Breakfast Station which is located walking distance from the hotel.

The Beach.
Malibest resort offers one of the most stunning beaches in the world. Deck chairs can be rented daily for RM$10 which is approximately US$3 per day and it is yours for the whole day. Facing the Andaman sea, the waters
are clear and emerald green on a sunny day. Plenty of water sports options such as ski jets, para-sailing etc. are available here at reasonable rates. At sunset, when the tide is low, locals and tourists alike gather on the beach to watch the sunset, stroll, play football etc.

Overall, this hotel is a great place for budget travellers and we can't wait to stay at the tree top huts the next time.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The resort is located right in the middle of the most happening beach in Langkawi - Pantai Cenang. Book a beach view room and enjoy the sight of sandy beaches right at your doorstep. Plus point - it's affordable prices!

It was my 3rd time staying here and definitely looking forward to next return!

p/s realized I left my phone in the room when checking out, and was managed to get it back even though I only returned an hour later. Big thumbs up for this!

Room Tip: Book a beach view room - worth every cents!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed there from Sept. 7-11, 2013...the weather was not so good...twas raining...but luckily we had our island hopping tour before the rain come...
I was very upset with the hotel boy rooming-in in the area... very rude... i was asking to borrow a broom to clean personally the room coz it's sandy...he answered me we don't hav a broom...hahaha....
The front desk girls was not so helpful...

Only thing is the transport from airport to resort back and forth is very good...very on time...and friendly...he talks a lot...like no tomorrow..lol...

U can spot arabians in that resort...;-)

• Stayed September 2013
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The BAD: I was disappointed with the slow service and unknown hospitality.We arrived earlier than the check-in time and was ignored until we came face to face with the receptionist. Since it's early we are not yet allowed to get in our room but was allowed to leave our heavy bags to the side of the reception table. We were skeptical to leave our belongings since the place doesn't look secure, luckily nothing was lost. When we come back to check into our room, nobody was assisting us. We carried our bags and got someone who's holding the key accompany us to our room across the main road! We've booked it thinking were gonna have a seaview room but unfortunately we're given a family room across the road. Well it's not an issue at first but when I saw the beach side rooms I was very envious and began to make reasons why they wouldn't allow more than two occupants [1- couples only, 2-marketing for travelers to pay more]. We were given a very spacious room with a thin door connecting to the adjacent room. The room have 2 double beds with stiff bed foam and pillows which were probably new and needs breaking. Me and friends had problems sleeping due to it's stiffness. And when we did sleep, we woke up with a back/shoulder/neck pain. The plumbing was terrible [heater and flush not working!]. I think they knew about this because when they came and fix it, they only took less than an hour, shorter than our waiting time for them to fix it.

The GOOD: The place is perched in Pantai Cenang where variety is abundant-- food, shops, spa and people. You won't have any problems finding things you need, the problem will be choice. It's near the beach, it will only be 2 mins easy walk from our room.

The VERDICT: It's a budget place for those thrifty travelers with a penchant for food variety and accessibility. You'll be paying for the location and that's about it. Stay here if you're in a tight budget and/or will only stay for few days in Langkawi.

Room Tip: If you really want to stay here, pay more and book a sea view room, it's more private and new (a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Melaka, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

There are several different room categories at Malibest Resort. As the beach front rooms were fully booked, we were given the garden view rooms, which is actually across the road from the main reception/ check in area.
The room was just average but big enough to accommodate 4 adults, with 2 large queen size beds. The bathroom was basic , big but the towel railings were rusty.
The hotel is located nearby various restaurants but you need to take a taxi to get to the clubs & places of interest. Taxi charges are pretty expensive & its more cost saving to rent a car or motorcycle to get round the island. There is a mall about 15-20 mins walk from the hotel.
Staff attentiveness was just average but the staff who was in charge of the airport shuttle was helpful

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed in Malibest resort in Oct 2012. I am late with the review but its important for travelers.
I had booked a hut for 4 nights.Second day of my stay I wanted to go for diving , so I was looking for agents who organizes dive trips. I met one guy at the beach who was a local arranged a dive trip for next day.He claimed to be a part of the hotel and he organizes trips from hotel. I cant recollect the name of the guy. He promised to pick me up from the hotel in the morning. Next morning he never gave me a sought for the trip. I spoke to the reception guy, they called this man.
He had charged me some 20 ringets as advance. He then says the guys have already left for the dive and started blaming me as I was the victim for his show. I asked the hotel management to take care as he was being rude to me. But the hotel management was helpless. No hotel staff did anything to calm this poor headed so called dive organizer of malibest resort. He never returned the advanced and never offered me next dive day.
I also asked the hotel management to sort this as I was totally pissed with this guy, but they never helped me.
This guy threatened me infront of the reception and went away.
I had to change my hotel as I was travelling alone, I was pissed and was in a holiday mood, but this incident spoiled it all.

Room Tip: Choose the front row huts facing the sea.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

It wasn't by choice as we would first see the room and then book it but we got off from the airport at around 9 pm and there was not much time plus our feet were hurting from an excursion from Srilanka that we booked the hotel from a travel agent right outside the airport. She told us its in the center of Langkawi, and the view from the hotel room is amazing as it is sea facing. I however was reluctant to take the risk but didn't have much choice.
when we reached we got a room like hut across the road, so it was not beach facing, although the has other beach facing rooms. The area was 20 steps away from road but not very brightly lit ... with lizards crawling.
I had doubt about the bed that it was perfectly clean, didn't like the wash room much as the toilet seat shower had cap missing ... so i wasn't completely sure of the cleanliness of the two most important places the bed and the room! and they did even offer breakfast although its always charged extra and having a restaurant and not offering is lose in business and a little rude.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Malibest Resort? Share your experiences!