“"On the Beach"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Malibest Resort

You added Malibest Resort to your Saves list
Malibest Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Pantai Cenang | Mukim Kedawang, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Langkawi
Gurgaon
“"On the Beach"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed in this resort for 3 nights in the month of January 2013. Its a perfect beach property... sea facing exactly on the beach....Neat and clean property. Courtious staff. They allowed me an early checkin. The resort does not have inhouse resturent. However, just outside there is an Indian Resturant. Rest of the market and underwarterpark is walking distance.

Room Tip: Take sea facing room with balcony. You can ask for the room " Jemuruk" or the rooms next t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Indonesian first
Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed there for 9 nights, in super deluxe beach front room called CEPU. The location was perfect, right on the beach. Our room was big, simple, with AC and fan which cooled the room down very quickly. The selection of TV channels was very limited, but to us it wasn’t very disturbing because if you have a room right on the beach you can do more interesting things outside the room. There were a little fridge, kettle and safety box. Towels were changed every day. I have one complaint also: our room was almost at the end of the tile path and the cleanig ladies left their trolleys with dirty towels, garbage bags, botteled water and bags with fresh sheets behind our window (from about 10.30am to 4pm). I’m usually a very patient person, but finally it started to disturb me. I told it to a young lady at reception, who told me ok, yes, yes. I also told it to the cleaning ladies, but nothing changed. The next day all repeated. Finally I pushed them away myself a couple of times.

In conclusion, it was a very enjoyable stay and we would stay there again.

Taipei, Taiwan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

the worst service i have been through. need to drag luggage and call cab by myself. it is the backpacker style, but call themselves as a "resort" name. request a twin bed room and made the reservation in 3 months ago, when i got there, the reception offered a double bed type room and told that they are full, can't provide twin bed type room. totally not honor the reservation i made! worst experience!

Room Tip: the very last choice in pantai cenang
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
kl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed 3d2n with hubs & 2yo toddler in tow. Baby cots are not available here.

no proper car park but the staff said we could just anywhere by the road it seems. so we did and alhamdulilah no parking tickets were summoned.

no swimming pool but the sea was just meters away from our chalet.

the walkway to the rooms - just pavement on the sand so don't bring ur LV luggages plus its not so wheelchair-friendly.

Price - paid rm200 for beachfront chalet. a little pricy for local standards and it doesn't even come with breakfast & common amenities. But waking up to the lovely beach makes up for it. We just made sure we bought some drinks & bread at the nearby 7-11 the night before. Theres an indian restaurant at the front lobby area.

Toilet - toiletries provided are at bare minimum stds - shampoo plastic sachets and mini bar soap only. Pls bring your own. 2 bathing towels, no face towels provided. Shower pressure was great with temp control.

Bedding - pillows too soft but to tired to notice. my 2yo woke up with bedbug bites on cheeks and legs. We requested for insect repellent and sprayed it all over the room before going out for dinner. Request for extra pillows were declined although I could see bedding items were in abundance as we happen to pass by the storing room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kungsbacka, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We should stay for 5 nights, could only get a standard brick room. on the other side of the street, there were no availably at the beachside. We asked the clerk when we arrived, and then again, same girl next day if there were any availably at the beachside, so we could upgrade. No we could not, and she couldnt put us up on a list either. Day 3 we asked if there was a beachside room and now, yes there was. She didnt recognise that we already were guests....This was in the afternoon,so if we wanted to change, we should had come earlier... 45 min too late she said :-0....
Otherwise we had to pay for both rooms. So we didnt change. If we had not paid ahead, we would have left.... Very bad service. Very big different from Thailands good personal service!
Our room is big, but it is mould in the bathroom, our space outside the room is a parkinglot, and theres nowereelse to go. They dont change the towels. Try to get another hotel!! Pictures comes later.

Room Tip: Dont get a room on the other side of the street, if you must stay here. Service should have been zer...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Yateley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I'd read various reports before booking and with the photo images on the web gave a clear indication of what to expect. I was not disappointed! It suited our needs. We knew there was no pool but there was the sea approx 10 meters away. Breakfast was to included but there were plenty of breakfast bars nearby. The rooms were big enough and cleaned daily, each day clean towels were provided! The room had air con and a fan, also a fridge which was topped up with 2 bottles of water daily. The wardrobe had no doors which I would have preferred and could also have had some shelves.

We found the staff very helpful including at the tour desk. Any emails prior to arriving were responded to promptly. My luggage did not arrive with us, the lady on reception phoned her dad who works at the airport to help locate it, which he did and it arrived the next day :-)

There are lots of beach activities nearby, lots of eating places along the street and in the evening Babylon is an interesting place to go and have some cocktails.

We stayed for a week, thought it was good value for money and a good placed to be based.

Room Tip: One with a sea view, either from the room or the balcony.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

When I mqade the booking I told the reservation staff that I'm bringing elderly parents with wheel chair. They didnt give me clear info abt the situation of their room location. when i arrvd, it was heavy rain and to make thing worst they do not hv proper car park so i can't park the car right infront of the lobby to drop my mum on wheel chair. Reception was not friendly also. I was very shock when they put me at the far end of the resort block. can u guys imagine i hv to push the wheel chair in the heavy rain with sandy and cracked tile path from the lobby to the room. DISASTER!. Then d room was not functioning, waited almost 25mins for them to open d door. When we switch the fan, it tripped...astro was not working too. I. requested to switch room for my parents to get nearer to lobby but my request was only attended a day later which i finally cancel d booking. The only good thing the manager take the effort to apologize of our bad experience. i just feel that this hotel will only take care of the expats not so much for local because i can see that this resort is full with expat so local can expect third class treatment here. will nvr recommend this place to anyone eventhough they have very nice sandy clean beach. What a family holiday to enjoy at this place!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Malibest Resort? Share your experiences!