“Bad service!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 98 Hotels in Langkawi
Kungsbacka, Sweden
“Bad service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We should stay for 5 nights, could only get a standard brick room. on the other side of the street, there were no availably at the beachside. We asked the clerk when we arrived, and then again, same girl next day if there were any availably at the beachside, so we could upgrade. No we could not, and she couldnt put us up on a list either. Day 3 we asked if there was a beachside room and now, yes there was. She didnt recognise that we already were guests....This was in the afternoon,so if we wanted to change, we should had come earlier... 45 min too late she said :-0....
Otherwise we had to pay for both rooms. So we didnt change. If we had not paid ahead, we would have left.... Very bad service. Very big different from Thailands good personal service!
Our room is big, but it is mould in the bathroom, our space outside the room is a parkinglot, and theres nowereelse to go. They dont change the towels. Try to get another hotel!! Pictures comes later.

Room Tip: Dont get a room on the other side of the street, if you must stay here. Service should have been zer...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Indonesian first
Yateley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I'd read various reports before booking and with the photo images on the web gave a clear indication of what to expect. I was not disappointed! It suited our needs. We knew there was no pool but there was the sea approx 10 meters away. Breakfast was to included but there were plenty of breakfast bars nearby. The rooms were big enough and cleaned daily, each day clean towels were provided! The room had air con and a fan, also a fridge which was topped up with 2 bottles of water daily. The wardrobe had no doors which I would have preferred and could also have had some shelves.

We found the staff very helpful including at the tour desk. Any emails prior to arriving were responded to promptly. My luggage did not arrive with us, the lady on reception phoned her dad who works at the airport to help locate it, which he did and it arrived the next day :-)

There are lots of beach activities nearby, lots of eating places along the street and in the evening Babylon is an interesting place to go and have some cocktails.

We stayed for a week, thought it was good value for money and a good placed to be based.

Room Tip: One with a sea view, either from the room or the balcony.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

When I mqade the booking I told the reservation staff that I'm bringing elderly parents with wheel chair. They didnt give me clear info abt the situation of their room location. when i arrvd, it was heavy rain and to make thing worst they do not hv proper car park so i can't park the car right infront of the lobby to drop my mum on wheel chair. Reception was not friendly also. I was very shock when they put me at the far end of the resort block. can u guys imagine i hv to push the wheel chair in the heavy rain with sandy and cracked tile path from the lobby to the room. DISASTER!. Then d room was not functioning, waited almost 25mins for them to open d door. When we switch the fan, it tripped...astro was not working too. I. requested to switch room for my parents to get nearer to lobby but my request was only attended a day later which i finally cancel d booking. The only good thing the manager take the effort to apologize of our bad experience. i just feel that this hotel will only take care of the expats not so much for local because i can see that this resort is full with expat so local can expect third class treatment here. will nvr recommend this place to anyone eventhough they have very nice sandy clean beach. What a family holiday to enjoy at this place!

• Stayed January 2013
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We arrived at this hotel with the plan of thawing out on the beach after 2 weeks of skiing in Japan. Unfortunately when we arrived the rudeness of the staff soon put an end to our relaxing beach front treehouse retreat.

The young gentlemen at reception was rather rude and abrupt upon check in. We didn't really think much of it and just put it down to being use to the luxury of Japanese service. However the next day when I woke up, I noted the the sheets had dried up blood on them, the blood did not belong to us and had been there for a while. When I we down to complain that the sheets had not been changed from the previous guests the young gentlemen responded with "so what do you want me to do about it?" "do you want new sheets?". I asked him politely to acknowledge that we had been given a room that had not been cleaned to the point where dried blood was on the sheets. My request for acknowledgement of the issue was completely ignored as he backed away from the desk.

When the room was cleaned only the bed was made, no cups where changed or cleaned nor, was the toilet cleaned.

Admittedly the rooms are on the beach however I would still not recommend staying at this place.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Strategic location, value for money. Located in the heart of Pantai Cenang Langkawi, Malibest Resort is a good place to stay.

Friendly staff, clean & simple rooms for stay, ideal for the family as well. Located on the beach, it's a 5 minute walk to other attractions such as the Underwater World Langkawi.

Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 1 night.. Got the room last minute as it was a spontaneous plan.. The air cond was not chilling but that was no matter really as the fact that it was right on the beach compensated well for it as we just strolled along the beach and hung out there.. The mini mart is just outside along with restaurants, places for a drink and also spas and massage places.. Like the place overall.. I personally find the hotels at pantai tengah better as the beach there is less crowded. But cenang is not bad either..

• Stayed January 2013
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My friend recommended this place and I was so glad that I booked our stay here.

We booked for two quad rooms. The rooms were spacious and the linens and mattresses were clean. The thing that caught my attention was the restroom - it soooooo nice! It was so clean, with towels, shampoos and tissue paper.

Everything else is so good, including the staff..... plus the fact that it's beachfront. I have recommended this place to my other friends who also visited Langkawi and they had all praises in the place.

Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try the treetop rooms. It will give you a very good view of sunrise and sunset.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Malibest Resort? Share your experiences!