“Try your luck, but if you got a bad room, just ask them to change it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort

You added Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kuala Muda | Mukim Padang Matsirat, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #57 of 100 Hotels in Langkawi
yanbu al-sinaiyah
“Try your luck, but if you got a bad room, just ask them to change it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Well, we traveled last May in 2012, I booked right away from asiarooms, it was a cheaper price from 4 star hotel (paid around 100$) of course with the amazing photos in the website,so inviting. its appear to book direct from their website is better.
Anyway, we expected something spectacular from sheraton, I didn't check trip advisor before booking, but when I checked, I was really afraid, what kind of hotel Im going to? with this money (quite expensive for our budget, but compared to other sheraton). The review is so bad, I try to cancel the booking, but however we can't.
our reason to stay there just to be near to the airport (5minutes) but I dont think transport to airport in Langkawi as a problem (just around 15-20min from cenang area).

Took a while to check-in, then they give us our room (partial sea view, which maybe not even partial, maybe 1/4, in fact we barely see the sea) my husband wanted to change the room because we paid more for the view. But I like the room and afraid will take some more time to change. Then we stay. We took a tour around, actually, it wasn't that bad at all, spacious room and bathroom, has bathroom and bathtub, and basic things for 3-4stars hotel. the room looked so new, and clean. has a sofa too.

I think, if u want to try ur luck go for it, u might get that bad room, maybe not, just ask for a new room, insist for it. u paid good money for it, u should fight for a good room, u deserve it. Don't just stay there, and cursing them.

note: their beach is a little bit far and hard shells are on the sand, but quite and have beach chairs.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are nice, but more expensive
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

A great hotel with nice rooms, with free WiFi, beautiful bathroom with a roomy shower, and a bathtub also.
The breakfast at this hotel had a very nice selection, and every other day, it would be a different selection, so more variety.
The Hotel is very near to the Airport, me and my wife walked to the Airport, it took us about 10-15 minutes, at average pace, the reason we walked there was to go to hire a car from the airport, after we had booked into hotel.
The taxi ride was 12MYR from Airport to Hotel.
The best thing about this hotel was that it was perfectly located, and you could choose whichever route to get you to your destination in good time, cenag beach was a 10 minute drive away, with a whole main road, with shops, restaurants, souvenir shops, and plenty more.
The hotel may seem a bit dull to others, but it's a different atmosphere, and not like an ordinary hotel, and the wife loved it!!!

Room Tip: Choose the pool view room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Most of hotel in langkawi are decorated in dark wooden timber, but this hotel is not. Well designed with simplicity but still modern. Spacious enough with spacious bathroom also. It has a lovely pool by their private beach you just couldnt miss. It located very very near to the airport, u can easily walk from the hotel the airport. For the price u pay, this hotel is worth enough.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Beijing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel layout- superb, lovely pool, semi-private beach, reasonably priced bar etc, what you would expect from a resort. However, the place was oddly devoid of character in a way I cannot really explain, the staff were nice enough and helpful, but the place just felt a little empty to me, not really anything I can give hugely bad marks for though.
WIFI in the lobby being free was nice, depsite the not great location it was easy to get to Pantai Cenang when we wanted too and we moved there for the last couple of days of our Langkawi stay which was no reflection on the hotel itself we just wanted a little more lively an atmosphere :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

we stay at the four points langkawi august 2012, after having left another hotel in langkawi ( hotel from hell and after checking out early)can i just say that the four points was a blessing , so clean, friendly staff that went out of their way to help as with anything we needed, the pool is spectacular and clean, pool towels on hand , gym small but well equipped, restaurant food was fabulous, very clean, plenty to choose from both western & malay food, we hire a car a airport to get around which was easy,if we revisit langkawi agin this hotel would be my 1st call,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Penang Island, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I checked into this hotel and was happy that I was able to use my suite night. When I entered the hotel, I had to wait for 45 minutes to be checked in. It was at 2.30 pm then. I was told that I had to wait for the guest to check out. Unfortunately then guest did not check out and I had to wait. According to the Receptionist, The guest was a long term guest. I am not sure if that was my problem. Waited at the lobby. i was disgusted as the lobby was filled with flies. Several flies were just flying around and this is truly annoying. After waiting for 45 minutes, I was told that we can check in but the pillow cases and the bed sheets will be changed later as they had to wait for the laundry from the Sheraton. I had no choice and just decided to go to the room. When I went into the room, it was very shabby. It is supposed to be the hotel suite but the room was never cleaned. Lizard droppings were everywhere and the mirror was not wiped. The room was so stuffy. This is NOT truly the experience that I expected and being a Platinum member, you NEVER felt welcomed or given any priority. The staff was not motivated and I did observe that many guests were unhappy dealing with the staff. They are NOT customer centric at all. I will NEVER come back to this hotel again. I checked out the next day even though I had to stay 2 nights with them Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Recently visited Langkawi and had booked this resort from Expedia. They claim that this is a 4 star property but honstely i dont think so. Rooms were big but not well maintained. Lot of ants , mosquitos were in the room. Lifts were stinking and observed that this hotel doesnt have much staff. Reception staff was doing most of the work. Not much options for Vegitarians. This place is close to Airport but far away from eatery and markets.Room servcie was just average. Eevry time i requested some thing had to call them twice or thrice. No in house dinning available.AC's are problem as you can not change the temp and the duct is like that it doesnt cool the whole room.

Pool and Beach are the highlight of this place. You can enjoy good sun set view from the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort? Share your experiences!