“Affordable Luxury: Go and get pampered” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort

You added Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kuala Muda | Mukim Padang Matsirat, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #54 of 96 Hotels in Langkawi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Affordable Luxury: Go and get pampered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Presidential Suite; Private Jacuzzi, Infinity Pool, Amazing Food...... Very rarely, do I go to a hotel and have no complaints at all. This was one of those rare visits. It was PERRRRRFECT. We got the best rooms at the place at really good rates, spend some good time at their pool and the beach. The place was close to Pentai Cenang, Cable Car etc. and that made things lot easier.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't hyave sea view. Avoid them.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear aayushrivastava,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at the Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort in this review.

Many guests like the comfort, uncomplicated concept of our resort and huge infinity pool. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the Resort’s location which provides the convenience of getting to places of interest.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights in this hotel, and all in all feel that this hotel does not provide the same standards and service as other Sheratons that we have been before! We were bitten by mosquitoes every night, and they always attack in the wee hours in the morning. When it rains, you can hear the rain splatering down on the zinc roof of the hotel and its pretty noisy. The air cond stays at 24 deg even though you set it at 16 deg so its pretty warm and maintenance cant do anything about it! The beach is nothing to shout about, a big dissapointment I must say!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Joanna O,

Thank you for the time taken to provide us with this review.

It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided you. Please accept my apologies on the shortfall areas and inconvenience you have encountered. Rest assured, our associates are provided with appropriate training to enhance their customer service skill for better guest experience.

On the mosquito issue, I can assure fogging exercise is being carried out regularly outside the guestrooms as well as the surrounding areas. Mosquito repellent is also available in the room for our guest use.

Your comments on the noise caused by the rain fall and room air conditioning inefficiency have been looked into for improvement.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and giving the opportunity for us to make improvement.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We popped in here for a four-day, three-night stay in mid-April.
From the main road, the hotel looked dull. Once inside, one can spot the 'minimalist' and modern kind of furnishings and architecture everywhere.
Since it was a non-peak period, the staff allowed us to check in early - around 9am - as our flight was early. This was greatly appreciated as we were quite tired and in need of freshening up.
Our Comfort Room was spacious, and the bed & bathroom superb. That was to be expected for the price we paid. The housekeeping missed out on a few things though. When we checked in, there were no face towels but they appeared the next day. On the 2nd day, they did not 'replenish' the shower cap and sanitary plastic bag.
The hotel was quiet and peaceful, away from the crowded Pantai Cenang and yet not too far. It did lack certain facilities like bicycle rental, tour desk, in-house convenience store, etc. We didn't have any problems because we had rented a car.
The swimming pool was huge and devoid of swimmers most of the time! Breakfast was average. They could have made more effort to vary the food items every morning. On a good, sunny day, the view from the dining hall overlooking the sea is lovely.
Overall it was a restful holiday.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear LLS0811,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort in this review.

It is our pleasure to ensure our guests’ needs are taken care during their stay and I am glad that the effort is appreciated.

I have taken onboard your concern on the lack of facilities and can assure the matter has been looked into for future improvement. Meanwhile, we have a tour desk located at our lobby that arranges outdoor tours for our guests.

Many thanks for your highlights on our swimming pool and the comfort of our room despite some missing items which were replaced later. Rest assured, your comments have been shared with our Room Attendants to ensure they give attention to detail in their room cleaning and checking.

Our buffet breakfast is one of the hotel’s highlights – an area that we continue to focus on. I know that our guests value a number of different options especially if their stay extends over a number of nights. Our Executive Chef has reviewed your comments with his culinary team to further improve.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

sungai petani, kedah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at around 2pm++, and after a tiring island hoping trip, I am quite shocked to told that my room was not yet ready. Luckily, in 5 minutes time, the room is ready. Anyway, the lobby is really as empty as what most reviewer here says.

The room is large, the bed is comfortable. When I get into my room, after my bath I found that the floor is sorta sandy , mainly due to both me and my gf walk around in the room with our sandy legs. I straight call them up to sweep my room and they were here in less than 5 minutes. Good job!

The infinity pool is a really great one, but the beach is 1 of the worst beach in Langkawi. The sea water looks dirty, and the sad under the sea was muddy making my whole legs turn black. Then again, I doubt the hotel can do anything for this.

However, there were no room service at the moment. Although the front desk told me that I can call up their only restaurant - The eatery, to sent the food to my room if I wish, but the restaurant does not bother to reply my email during my stay.

Also, the restaurant does not provide a la carte menu for breakfast. What a shame.

I stayed here for 3 nights, and since the first 2 nights I am using Cash + Points (for SPG members), hence I don't have the free breakfast. But for my last day, I did have their buffet breakfast, which is really bad. The worst among all other Starwood brand hotel in Malaysia.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear samlee860407,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review.

It is nice to know that you enjoyed the comfort of our room and huge infinity pool.

Though room service is not available at this resort, special arrangement can be made through our Eatery on certain occasion during stay.

Most of our guests booked room with breakfast and for those without breakfast we offer special rate of RM50 for full buffet or RM30 for continental buffet in order for them to enjoy. I am sorry that there is no ala carte menu for breakfast.

Your comment on our buffet breakfast at Eatery is currently being looked at by our Executive Chef with his team. Please rest assured that the culinary team places emphasis on the standard of food preparation for better guest experience.

I am happy that overall you had a satisfied stay and once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is a beautiful property, with a private beach. The pool is nice & just a stone throw away from the airport. While i did read the average reviews about this hotel, was expecting more since it was a Sheraton. Truly disappointed.
When we checked in, we were informed the hotel does not have room service, this was not informed to during time of booking (which was made directly with the hotel) or any time before my travel & which hotel do you not expect to have room service?
The booking was for a partial sea view room & was unable to figure out the difference between this & the other rooms. The view of the sea is something you have to bend over the balcony & spot the blue waters between the trees of the nearby property. Total waste, i am sure the view from the other rooms is just as bad.
First I was given a room on the ground floor inspite of my request to be on the higher floor, since i had a long flight, decided to stay in the room till the room on the higher floor was "cleaned". i had to followup again after 3-4 hrs to check of the room was ready. When i was moved up i was shocked to find them give a room that was completely a mess. There were some yellow stains on the floor, the bathroom was dirty & security was not in place with no locks for the balcony, the main door lock missing & no in room safe. i was shocked they could give such a room to anyone. When i brought this to the attention of a manager he offered to change my room again. Finally when i moved into the 3rd room the 1st thing i had to check was the safety if the room (never had to do this in any other hotel).
The stay was not to great of a experience as well, with mosquitoes in the room, the hotel does provide insect repellent, but really? is there no better solution?
The housekeeping does not do a very good job, with dirt in the room & can even find cob webs in certain areas.

Overall, this is a great property at a fantastic location. i think a better & stronger management can do the trick for this place.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool may have a better view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Nasir_Patel,

Thank you for the time taken to provide us with this review.

I have noted your disappointment especially on the non availability of in room dining facilities, rest assured guest is informed appropriately at the time of booking for better guest experience.

Guest's comfort and safety is our priority. I can assure my team has looked into your concern and take the necessary action. I regret for the shortfall in the room cleanliness and maintenance that left you with a negative impression.

Meanwhile, our Resort Manager has shared your concern with all Room Attendants to ensure they give attention to detail and room is free of mosquito during their room cleaning. Additionally, fogging exercise is conducted twice a week at the surrounding areas.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience encountered and many thanks for your highlight on our Resort's location despite the shortfalls.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you.
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We were at this hotel for a week. As we were staying for that period of time we were upgraded which was unexpected and a nice surprise the staff were friendly and always willing to help. There was a tsunami warning whilst we were there and we were calmly updated constantly by the manager. The tour desk girls are lovely and directed us to activities we would be interested in. The pool is huge but at night with the night lights reflection you could see a layer of oil floating but every morning there were staff cleaning the pool and checking the water. The beach is ok but nothing to write home about. The pool made up for this and as we had a hired car we went to other beaches. Overall we had a brilliant stay and would go back.

Room Tip: Upgrade room 1134 very nice! Huge with a sofa overlooking pool and ocean
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Debbieperth,

Many thanks for your positive review and choosing to stay at The Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort for your holidays.

My team takes pleasure in taking care of our guest’s needs during their stay. It is great to know that they did impress you.

I appreciate your highlight on our huge infinity pool. The layer of floating oil actually comes from guest’s sun tan lotion. It accumulates at one corner of the pool when the wind blows towards that direction. Rest assured, our Pool Attendant conducts regular checks and cleaning to remove the trace.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and i stayed a night, There are a lot of mosquitoes in the room at all times. It is kind of annoying when you are trying to sleep and the mosquitoes buzzing around your ears. The good thing about this hotel is the swimming pool is huge, however we saw a layered of oil at the corner of the swimming pool. The design of the hotel is like a hostel. We didn't try the breakfast, can't comment. Definitely we are not going back due to the mosquitoes. By the way, the hotel does fogging twice a week.

• Stayed April 2012
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear StaceyChan,

Thank you for the time taken to provide us with this review.

I take concern of your feedback on the mosquito issue and can assure that my team takes the necessary action to further improve. Besides the fogging exercise conducted twice a week and mosquito repellents provided in our guest room, our Room Attendants have been briefed to conduct thorough check to ensure room is free of mosquitoes during their room cleaning.

Many thanks for your highlight on our huge swimming pool. We have found out that the oil was actually from the sun tan lotion used by guests. It accumulates at one corner of the pool when the wind blows towards that direction. Rest assured, our Recreation Attendants conduct regular checks and remove the traces if found again.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience encountered and once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Kind regards

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort? Share your experiences!