The Bayview Hotel actually exceeded my expectations. I was looking for a relatively cheap and cheerful place to stay for three days while planning my wedding at a 5* hotel in Langkawi. I read online reviews and looked at pictures. It didn't look anything special, but frankly, I wasn't bothered as long as costs were down. When I got to the Bayview, I was very pleasantly surprised:
- hotel looks much better in real life, photos don't do it justice
- environment is Clean, nice look and feel.
- Modern interior decor, large windows in lobby for added brightness
- We stayed in a deluxe sea view room overlooking the yatch club and pool
- free wifi was good
- I read negative reviews about the buffet breakfast, but honestly, it is decent given the price you pay. You have put things in perspective here. If you want a 5* breakfast, then stay at a luxury hotel
- i thought the location in Kuah Town, was convenient for the local experience. Night market, delicious local hawker restaurants, duty free shops, ferry pier (for pulau payer) and a taxi stand is opposite the Hotel
To date, I've visited Langkawi six times and stayed in both 4* and luxury hotels. My actual wedding took place at a 5* hotel close to the Bayview. I recommended the Bayview to my budget conscious wedding guests, and many of them did stay here. It worked out well.
To sum it up, bayview It is one of the better hotels in Langkawi (for the price). I loved the convenience being by Kuah Town. It isn't attached to a beach so if you want to be by the sea, then stay somewhere else (from Bayview, taxi : 25 mins to Cenang Beach, 20 mins to Tanjung Rhu - a more secluded beach). Bayview has regular promotions so most of my wedding guests were able to stay for MYR150 night -- cheaper than what I paid. I will stay at the Bayview again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Hotel Langkawi is a 4-star hotel located in the heart of the commercial district of downtown Kuah, which is a mere 5 minutes from the jetty where ferry boats ply to and from the mainland and 25 minutes from the airport. The hotel prime location is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. Here, you will be spoilt for choice as there are numerous restaurants, duty free shops, souvenir shops, hawker stalls and night market (every Wednesday & Saturday) within walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Bayview Hotel Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Bayview Langkawi
- Langkawi City Bayview Hotel