“Great time at Resorts World Langkawi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Resorts World Langkawi

You added Resorts World Langkawi to your Saves list
Resorts World Langkawi
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Tanjung Malai, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia (Formerly Awana Porto Malai Langkawi)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Chillax RM393 All In 4 2!
Ranked #20 of 96 Hotels in Langkawi
London
“Great time at Resorts World Langkawi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in RWL and had great time. Pleasantly surprised at the size of hotel. The beautiful reception area and reception check in was pleasant
Sofea at the desk was very accommodating, advised us that instead of taking double bed room at far end of the hotel it would be good to take twin room which had in any case two king size bed.The room had balcony with excellent view.Breakfast was adequate and cater for everyone.
Different choice everyday,the food and beverage manager Rashid hope I spelt his name correctly was great help.
Location of the hotel is good and provide most activities. Walk on the front is very nice. In the evening there light music played by band from Phillipines,The Eagle rock bar is enjoyable.
WiFI is poor and can be improved.althought it is supposed to be free in the lounge area it did not work? Only way to get some connection is to pay, which I think is not nice.
Room are large but bathroom facilities are not four star standard.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The first thing that you feel while entering the compounding is "Wow". It is so overwhelming in terms of locality and facilities, it was just awesome.
This was my first stay during holidays and there was a mess up my travel agent made and we had to wait for close to 2 hours to confirm our booking. The staff was so patient and made so many calls just to ensure I am comfortable. And since it was not their fault, I was just looking for a resolution.
To my amazement, because of this issue and the fact that this was my Aniiversary day, they upgraded my room from Garden View to Ocean View. It had a stunning spectacle outside the window of the clear pristine sea and the Marina and the boats.
Staff is very friendly and always smiling. Food is a little expensive but worth the location ( you can sit sea side tables) and the breakfast buffet is amazing, lots of variety and hygienic.
Do visit the Fun Centre for Island Hopping and other options - snorkelling, Fishing etc. the support staff and the boat drivers are very good.
There is free Wi Fi in the Lounge area.
I am coming back here for a longer trip next time.

Room Tip: Check for offers and go for it. Its worth the Ocean View if you can book one.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and I chose it because of its location and the appearance on the web. In reality, this place is a little tired/dated but the staff are nice and the food is not bad. It is a short taxi trip, shuttle bus or long walk into the beach resorts where there is good choice of restaurants and spas. It is not far from the airport and there is no plane noise issue. When we stayed at this hotel, there was noise from the boats first thing in the morning (sea view room) and it was quite noisy in the late evening as the hotel has entertainment. The pools were fun and eating outside at tables overlooking the water is a joy.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

It was a revisit to Langkawi after 10 years. They have indeed change a lot. My wife and I stayed at Resorts World Langkawi (formerly "Awana Porto Malai"). The front office staff were very attentive and friendly. The room itself is comfortable and the beds (2 Queen Size bed) per twin room are big enough for a family of 4 paxs and very cosy. In addition, the beds are very comfortable. The room is beautifully decorated with paintings.

We booked our island hopping tour and sunset cruise directly with the hotel. They hotel has their own jetty so departure and arrival was very convenient. They even go to the extend to provide us with towels so that we can dry ourselves when we got wet. I would highly recommend the sunset cruise as you get to enjoy the sea salt water Jacuzzi and you could watch the beautiful sunset from the cruise. The staff on the cruise are also very friendly and they even teach us how to 'dive' from the boat into the sea. We got to know friends from all over the world. The sunset cruise is a very good experience except that they are a bit pricey.

The board walk at the hotel is very romantic at night with stars under the sky. We strongly encourage couples to celebrate their special anniversary there. My wife fell in love with the place and suggested we should return for our next wedding anniversary.

One thing we feel the hotel should improve is their hygiene and service at their restaurant. The breakfast items were limited and repeated. We stayed for 2 nights and the items were the same. In addition, the staff did not bother to lay out the cutleries for us, we have to get them at the commoner area. We could see lots of flies and birds around. The staff did not bother to refill the coffee when the coffee machines ran out of coffee.

Overall, my wife & I enjoyed our stay but we hope their hygiene and service at their restaurant could improve.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Last year my family and i stayed for 5 nights at the Resort World Langkawi. However, it was known as Awana Porto Malai. On 18 to 20 November 2013 my family and I came back again. When we arrived we were looking forward to meet Khairul Fahmi who works as the Front Office Assistant. He made our stay memorable for these two years. He assisted us and answered all our queries when we were in doubt. We were pleased with his sincerity in carrying out his duties. He made our stay more relax and stress free. His outstanding service made us reconsider to have our next vacation at Resort World Langkawi. Well done Fahmi's!!!!

Room Tip: Premier sea view room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This resort is for the budget conscious who wants to have a sea facing hotel in Langkawi. My report can be a little one sided because I stayed 2 nights at Four Points before checking into this resort.

The only thing I did not like about this place is the room. It looked like they had seen much better days. I was surprised when I was handed an actual 'key' to the room instead of the usual key-card. Gosh, I have not seen this kind of keys to the hotel rooms for many many years for this kind of resort.

A sea-facing room is a must. You can see the beautiful sunrise and also boats going in and out of the jetty. One point to note is that there is no beach in this resort. It is actually next to a jetty and also the Star Cruise terminal.

Location wise is not suitable for those who have not rented a vehicle. It is located at the southern tip of Langkawi where Taxi ride can be costly. I had a tough time getting there when I used my GPS. Reason being is, you should key in 'Awana Porto Malai' (the old name) instead of RWL.

One plus point is the kids had a good time at the children's pool.

Room Tip: A sea-facing room is highly recommended.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Previously known as Awana Porto Malai. Hotel rooms were big. Only complaint was the toilet (which is separate from the shower) was extremely small. Not easy to move around.

The hotel is HUGE and apparently if you ask for a king bed your room is really far from the main building so we had to make do with twin beds. But lucky for us ... the twin beds turned out to be 2 queen beds!!

Breakfast spread was really good - no complaints

View from the hotel - excellent

Distance to chenang beach and town - you need a car. Unless you really really really love walking!!

All in all .... a good stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Resorts World Langkawi? Share your experiences!